Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

At what age will insurance cover diapers? We have been using cloth but they are getting really tight on my little man and I can't afford to buy a custom stash of bigger diapers. He is 3 and just starting to recognize that he has even gone  pee or poop much less being able to recognize that he needs to in time to go potty.

by on Oct. 13, 2013 at 2:52 PM
Replies (21-23):
shugerbit
by Member on Oct. 14, 2013 at 7:08 PM
I'm in mass, he has mass Heath as a secondary insurance, do you just call up and ask or do you need a prescription?

Quoting Rosebud27aj:

Quoting Worriedmama2009:

What insurance do you have if I may ask?

Quoting Rosebud27aj:

I'm in mass and our insurance just covered them for my youngest. He's 3 1/2. My oldest was about the same age also, when insurance covered them. 

Sorry, forgot to mention...my boys have Medicaid.

Rosebud27aj
by Amanda on Oct. 14, 2013 at 7:44 PM

We had to get a prescription from the doctor. 

Quoting shugerbit:

I'm in mass, he has mass Heath as a secondary insurance, do you just call up and ask or do you need a prescription?

Quoting Rosebud27aj:

Quoting Worriedmama2009:

Quoting Rosebud27aj:

I'm in mass and our insurance just covered them for my youngest. He's 3 1/2. My oldest was about the same age also, when insurance covered them. 

EthansMomma2010
by Bronze Member on Oct. 14, 2013 at 11:52 PM
OK so I called today and my insurance said to get a detailed Rx that includes the billing codes for both the diagnosis and the procedure (ie diapers)

Quoting shugerbit:

Quoting Rosebud27aj:

Quoting Worriedmama2009:

Quoting Rosebud27aj:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)