Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The reason I jump is the title of the book. I am curious about your thoughts
by on Oct. 13, 2013 at 11:49 PM
Replies (11-20):
Charizma77
by Carissa on Oct. 14, 2013 at 11:03 PM

Never heard of it

Hottubgodess
by Jackie on Oct. 15, 2013 at 12:26 PM

Just starting to!!!

mommegirl
by New Member on Oct. 15, 2013 at 1:58 PM
I just downloaded the book too.
mommegirl
by New Member on Oct. 15, 2013 at 3:11 PM
Just wondering who is the author of Dancing with David? I'm having trouble finding the book.

Quoting JTMOM422:

Never read it. I have read Dancing with David. It's about a mother's journey into her son's world. I also read the Carly Fleishmann book. Both were really good reads.

JTMOM422
by Brenda on Oct. 15, 2013 at 3:44 PM
1 mom liked this

OMG. Sorry it's called Dancing with Max. Don't know where I got David from LOL

Quoting mommegirl:

Just wondering who is the author of Dancing with David? I'm having trouble finding the book.

Quoting JTMOM422:

Never read it. I have read Dancing with David. It's about a mother's journey into her son's world. I also read the Carly Fleishmann book. Both were really good reads.

SamMom912
by Gold Member on Oct. 15, 2013 at 4:14 PM

Nope... I read "Look me in the eye".. which was "eh".

Angelmevans
by Member on Oct. 15, 2013 at 11:10 PM
Let me know your thoughts. I just picked it up tonight because I could not wait for it to come in the mail. My MIL also picked it up today and is reading it.

Quoting Hottubgodess:

Just starting to!!!

Hottubgodess
by Jackie on Oct. 16, 2013 at 12:19 PM

Remembering my son has Aspergers, and is very sensory driven.....I found his point of view very interesting.  I see somethings, like the lining up, explained.  Good read, but it jumps around in the little stories that are in the middle of it (to break things up I guess).  The art work was facinating, but I am drawn to patterns. 

Quoting Angelmevans:

Let me know your thoughts. I just picked it up tonight because I could not wait for it to come in the mail. My MIL also picked it up today and is reading it.

Quoting Hottubgodess:

Just starting to!!!

Angelmevans
by Member on Oct. 16, 2013 at 1:37 PM
Thank you for sharing. My DS has aspergers as well. I was going to start it last night but could not keep my eyes open. I was excited that my mil was reading it. She said that she felt like she needed to get a better understanding if the spectrum. She is an amazing women and loves her grandchildren so much that she wants to help in anyway possible.

Sooty about going off topic. Just feeling blessed to have family that wants to be supportive

Quoting Hottubgodess:

Remembering my son has Aspergers, and is very sensory driven.....I found his point of view very interesting.  I see somethings, like the lining up, explained.  Good read, but it jumps around in the little stories that are in the middle of it (to break things up I guess).  The art work was facinating, but I am drawn to patterns. 

Quoting Angelmevans:

Quoting Hottubgodess:

Just starting to!!!

Hottubgodess
by Jackie on Oct. 17, 2013 at 9:22 AM
Family is NEVER off topic....lol. Glad your MIL is supportive. That makes all the difference.
Quoting Angelmevans:

Thank you for sharing. My DS has aspergers as well. I was going to start it last night but could not keep my eyes open. I was excited that my mil was reading it. She said that she felt like she needed to get a better understanding if the spectrum. She is an amazing women and loves her grandchildren so much that she wants to help in anyway possible.

Sooty about going off topic. Just feeling blessed to have family that wants to be supportive

Quoting Hottubgodess:

Quoting Angelmevans:

Quoting Hottubgodess:

Just starting to!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)