Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

Homeschool

Posted by on Oct. 14, 2013 at 12:43 AM
  • 6 Replies
I have 6 kids!! 2 that are special needs (Autism) 1 ADHD and 1 that's super sensative!! Yes I have my hands full!! I volunteer at a local fire station as a firefighter and EMT!!!! I homeschool all my kids but very limited income!! Does anyone know if I can pay a family member to homeschool my children? I'm in need of this bad!!!!
by on Oct. 14, 2013 at 12:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
by Bronze Member on Oct. 14, 2013 at 3:42 AM

I would look up the laws in your state to see what they allow. 

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Oct. 14, 2013 at 5:23 AM

Quoting 03071012:

I would look up the laws in your state to see what they allow. 

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Oct. 14, 2013 at 5:24 AM

Welcome to the group!

Firefighter79
by on Oct. 14, 2013 at 10:30 AM
My state allows homeschooling u don't have to prove anything but boy we keep records!!!! I was just wondering of anyone knows where I can check to have the state of Mich. or government funding to pay my mom for homeschooling them!!!! She put its a lot of time and hours at her house as do I at mine
JTMOM422
by Brenda on Oct. 14, 2013 at 10:51 AM

I know that their are some ways that medicaid will pay for assistance with children of special needs. I was told that if my sister helped me watch my son she could be  paid for giving me respite care. I don't know if this is correct but that is what was told to me.

Welcome to the group and thank you for all that you do. It was be frightening and exhilarating at the same time. I think that firefighters and EMTs don't get the credit you so richly deserve. 

Firefighter79
by on Oct. 15, 2013 at 7:58 AM
I will check into that and thank you!! We really don't get the credit we deserve and the pay is not the best but to me it's not the pay that I'm in for it's the job I love and always dreamed about
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN