Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

So, I'm not sure I should ask - it's only October, but...

Posted by on Oct. 15, 2013 at 9:30 AM
  • 30 Replies

Is anyone else stressing about what to get their ASD kids for Christmas?  I have a 9 and 7 year old to buy for.  DS's obsession this year is cooking and DD's is horses (anything horse or veterinarian related).  Seems easy but they have SOOO many toys already.  I'm thinking maybe practical/therapeutic things: tablet computers, laptops, ipods, etc.  We don't have a game system in our house so I've thought of that too.  I'm stuck between Kinect and Wii.  I was thinking bigger toys = less new toys in the house.  

What are you buying this Christmas?

by on Oct. 15, 2013 at 9:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JTMOM422
by Brenda on Oct. 15, 2013 at 9:33 AM

There is so much that they can download onto those things. I know my dd loves the cooking apps and I am sure they have apps with horses on them. 

My kids are 3 and 5 so toys is what they want lol. We have an IPOD IPAD and Kindle Fire so those aren't options for me. I am usually done shopping but this year I have not even gotten started. Hoping to go out tonight when hubby gets home so I can at least look around.

Rosebud27aj
by Amanda on Oct. 15, 2013 at 10:47 AM

I haven't thought about Christmas yet. I'm still thinking about what to get my oldest for his birthday...lol

Nickmom1118
by Nicole on Oct. 15, 2013 at 10:55 AM

I start thinking about Christmas when Novemeber comes. I do the black friday shopping. I have been thinking of what to get this year a little early though. He has so many toys that I am not sure what to get, or where to put them when christmas is over! He will be 4 by the time christmas is here, and he is starting to ask for toys when he sees them on TV. I have a kindle fire that he uses. My 13 yr old has a Wii, and a ds. And he has a mobigo. So, not sure if there is anything electronic for him.

emarin77
by Silver Member on Oct. 15, 2013 at 11:32 AM

Every year my son who is 5 picks out which toys he wants from the Toys R Us catalog that comes out at Thanksgiving.  We usually purchase 3-4 of his choices.  He also needs a bookshelf to hold his books at home.

charley31
by Bronze Member on Oct. 15, 2013 at 11:39 AM
I've been thinking of Xmas too. My ds turns 3yr next sat so I'm getting thro that and then we are focusing on Xmas. My dh wants to get him a scooter and a wagon. I'm due with our 2nd dec 9th too so i want Xmas shopping done early this year.
kajira
by Emma on Oct. 15, 2013 at 12:36 PM

Get them educational books, cooking for kids, there's books on breeding, training, and basic vet care for horses.... If they REALLY are interested in those things, those have the potential to open up some REALLY good careers later in life if they stay interested.

Maybe horse back riding lessons for your daughter as a christmas present? Maybe 6 months worth?

lady-J-Rock
by Bronze Member on Oct. 15, 2013 at 12:53 PM
A gym mat and exercise trampoline for the younger two. A few books and sensory toys.
SamMom912
by Gold Member on Oct. 15, 2013 at 4:21 PM

NOt sure what holiday shopping will be this year. DS just had a birthday.. so we are still playing with those new toys.

jaydensmom1726
by Bronze Member on Oct. 15, 2013 at 5:35 PM

if you can afford it get your dd riding lessons.and get your ds a kids cookbook and if you have it in your area get him a few private cooking classes. they will rember these gifts more than a few toys that they will be bored with in a few months

Latina_Star
by Member on Oct. 15, 2013 at 5:37 PM

Get them leap pads or leap frogs. They are very educational and easy to operate & also download different games as well.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)