Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

One sad, crying mommy

Posted by on Oct. 15, 2013 at 1:30 PM
  • 22 Replies

Ds is back in hospital once again. This time for destructive behaviors and self-injuring. I just want to sit down and cry, which mind you, I have done many times since he went in Sunday night. Need a hug and someone to tell me I am doing the right thing. sad

by on Oct. 15, 2013 at 1:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ineedcoffeemom
by Brittaney on Oct. 15, 2013 at 1:43 PM
3 moms liked this

I am so sorry mama. Here's lots and lots of supportive hugs to you. And providing your son with an environment where you know he won't hurt himself is always the right thing. I haven't been in your situation so you can ignore my words if you want, but I know that it is really hard to raise our kids and getting them proper help doesn't show our weaknesses but it instead shows our strength in knowing how much we can truly handle and getting help before things get out of hand and someone really gets hurt. It certainly can't be easy but you know you're doing what's best for your ds.

I would sent a sweetpea but it isn't working on my computer right now but here's some more ::hugs::

lady-J-Rock
by Bronze Member on Oct. 15, 2013 at 1:46 PM
Hugs.
Nickmom1118
by Nicole on Oct. 15, 2013 at 1:48 PM
Hugs
wildchild.com
by Janine on Oct. 15, 2013 at 1:54 PM
I'm so sorry mama (((hugs)))
Maxsmommy123
by Jamie on Oct. 15, 2013 at 1:58 PM
Hugs :(
Momof4AEMW
by Silver Member on Oct. 15, 2013 at 2:18 PM

Hugs Mama.  Of course you're doing the right thing.  You're the mama, and no one knows your child better.  If that is where you feel they need to be to bet better I'm sure you did not come to it lightly.  Try to trust in your own decision, cut yourself some slack, and be hopeful this stay will be what you guys need!   Hugs!!  Hope you see the results you are looking for!!! 

SamMom912
by Gold Member on Oct. 15, 2013 at 4:16 PM

HUG!
Of course you did the right thing! Youre looking to get him help.. you cant help him... he is hurting himself...
What a tough spot. Im SO sorry youre there.. deep breath... really heartbreaking. Im so sorry.

HUG!!!!

lucasmadre
by Kari on Oct. 15, 2013 at 4:35 PM

It must be so hard not to be able to solve this problem for your son. You are doing the right thing, the responsible thing...I hope they can help him at the hosptial, I can't imagine how upsetting this must be for you. You can't just sit by and let something terrible happen, if you didn't do anything and he hurt himself or someone else you would feel responsible. There are no good choices in a situation like yours, all you can do is try to keep him safe and get him the skills he needs to process his anger. I am sending you a big hug. Let the tears flow, you have a right to cry.  xo

HippoCat
by Hadley on Oct. 15, 2013 at 4:38 PM

Oh no, I am so sorry. Hugs.

Worriedmama2009
by Member on Oct. 15, 2013 at 5:22 PM

It's so painful to see such things happening to anyone. Wish God didn't do such rough play with a bunch of mums out here :(

hugs! My heart goes to you mommy! Hang in there...sending prayers & good vibes!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)