Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

first seizure at school

Posted by on Oct. 18, 2013 at 7:38 AM
  • 14 Replies

Landon is 3 nonverbal asd and prone to febrile seizures.  Tuesday I sent him to prek fine, then an hour later they called that he had a seizure ( this is his 9th).  The teachers did great and I am glad he know enough to go sit on his teachers lap so he started convulsions in her arms.  They were aware he is prone to them and said other children had them too. But by the way they were so panicked I'm sure none of the other children have actually had one in front of them. He is doing great now no more fever, but they don't want him to go back to school until Monday just incase. The teacher, aid and nurse have each called to check on him, I love their relationship already. 

by on Oct. 18, 2013 at 7:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TheJerseyGirl
by Michele on Oct. 18, 2013 at 8:30 AM

Bless his heart...poor little guy!

I'm sure they panicked a bit because it's still so upsetting to see something like that happen to a child even if you are experienced in those things. Love that they called to check on him!

Hope he's feeling better!

JTMOM422
by Brenda on Oct. 18, 2013 at 10:48 AM

This is a scary situation but sounds like they knew and know how to handle them properly. These ladies are a blessing. Not many would call and check on a child. You are one lucky momma.

Linda733
by on Oct. 18, 2013 at 2:25 PM

This made me cry. How much do our children have to go through? Poor little guy. I'm so happy he is feeling better and what a beautiful show of humanity that they called to check on him. 

amonkeymom
by Amy on Oct. 18, 2013 at 3:07 PM

It sounds like he has a really caring, wonderful staff group at school.  

NiyasMom1
by Bronze Member on Oct. 18, 2013 at 3:09 PM
1 mom liked this
Glad to hear he's feeling better and it is great that the school staff is so supportive. My daughter is 3 and nonverbal also, so I know how important it is to feel like the people who are caring for them really care.
robmommom
by Member on Oct. 18, 2013 at 6:10 PM
Happy that's he's doing better, hope you both have a good sleep tonight you both deserve it
wildchild.com
by Janine on Oct. 18, 2013 at 6:23 PM
So sorry mommy they can be so scary. Sounds like they handled it well. My son had one grandmal seizure & hasn't had any since 2010. (((hugs))) I'm glad he's ok (((hugs)))
jessica.v102
by on Oct. 18, 2013 at 7:58 PM
Hugs mama I hope he feels better and that his seizures diminish
shugerbit
by Member on Oct. 18, 2013 at 8:40 PM
Thanks everyone, he is deffinately 100% better today and bouncing off the walls lol.
Momof4AEMW
by Gold Member on Oct. 18, 2013 at 9:46 PM

Aw, hugs Mama.  Glad you have great support at school. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN