Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

For fun...what if you could...

Posted by on Oct. 18, 2013 at 3:32 PM
  • 7 Replies

What if you were given an unlimited amount of money to use, as you wish, to benefit your local autism community...what would you do with it? 

by on Oct. 18, 2013 at 3:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Phylis419
by on Oct. 21, 2013 at 8:15 PM

Research  where in my communiy where the money is needed the most and create rock climbing wall but at the same time with things that an Autistc child would come across and how they would view it ... let others be challenged as they would be challenged. Have them think as these children think... 

A serious dinner fund raiser as well but with a twist ... what's the twist ... (not sure yet) lol

NiyasMom1
by Bronze Member on Oct. 21, 2013 at 8:34 PM
1 mom liked this
I would open a school and medical facility for children with Autism with no waiting list and make the services available to every child that needs them. I would also set up programs for adults on the spectrum to help them live as independently as possible.
Charizma77
by Carissa on Oct. 21, 2013 at 8:46 PM
1 mom liked this

I like how you think!

Quoting NiyasMom1:

I would open a school and medical facility for children with Autism with no waiting list and make the services available to every child that needs them. I would also set up programs for adults on the spectrum to help them live as independently as possible.

HippoCat
by Hadley on Oct. 21, 2013 at 8:59 PM

I love this idea!

Quoting Phylis419:

Research  where in my communiy where the money is needed the most and create rock climbing wall but at the same time with things that an Autistc child would come across and how they would view it ... let others be challenged as they would be challenged. Have them think as these children think... 

A serious dinner fund raiser as well but with a twist ... what's the twist ... (not sure yet) lol

mypbandj
by Jen on Oct. 21, 2013 at 9:22 PM
Unlimited funds? Wow!!

I'd want to open up an autism center for diagnosis, treatments, therapies and other services. I'd definitely target the early childhood age because I believe so strongly in intervention but I'd also want something for older kids and adults. Support groups, a school, training center, activities, recreation, etc.
I'd also want it to serve as a place where people from the community could come to get training and education.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
girl_incognito
by on Oct. 22, 2013 at 7:48 AM
I would create some kind of a program that services young adults on the spectrum, helping them gain independence, job skills, life skills and social skills... I would like to provide job coaching and job placement too! Severity wouldn't be an issue, all people on the spectrum benefit from these things!
Ahh my dream world
Jenn8604
by on Oct. 22, 2013 at 9:20 PM
Workshops for the community to understand autism for starters. then better,newer stuff for the classrooms and some extra. More money to train more aides, better pay for the teachers. Social therapy groups, skills training, job placement help.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)