Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Katy Perry's ROAR (PIOG)

Posted by on Oct. 18, 2013 at 4:08 PM
  • 13 Replies

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CevxZvSJLk8

I guess I'm particularly emotional today cause this song is making me cry a lot. I think something "snapped" inside me. (in a very good way)

Anyways, hope you all like it.

"Roar"

I used to bite my tongue and hold my breath
Scared to rock the boat and make a mess
So I sat quietly, agreed politely
I guess that I forgot I had a choice
I let you push me past the breaking point
I stood for nothing, so I fell for everything

You held me down, but I got up (HEY!)
Already brushing off the dust
You hear my voice, you hear that sound
Like thunder gonna shake the ground
Get ready cause I've had enough
I see it all, I see it now

[Chorus]
I got the eye of the tiger, a fighter, dancing through the fire
Cause I am a champion and you're gonna hear me roar
Louder, louder than a lion
Cause I am a champion and you're gonna hear me roar
Oh oh oh oh oh oh
Oh oh oh oh oh oh
Oh oh oh oh oh oh
You're gonna hear me roar

Now I'm floating like a butterfly
Stinging like a bee I earned my stripes
I went from zero, to my own hero

Already brushing off the dust
You hear my voice, you hear that sound
Like thunder gonna shake the ground
Get ready 'cause I've had enough
I see it all, I see it now

[Chorus]
‘Cause I am a champion and you're gonna hear me roar
Oh oh oh oh oh oh
Oh oh oh oh oh oh
Oh oh oh oh oh oh
Oh oh oh oh oh oh
Oh oh oh oh oh oh
You'll hear me roar
Oh oh oh oh oh oh
You're gonna hear me roar...

Ro-oar, ro-oar, ro-oar, ro-oar, ro-oar

Oh oh oh oh oh oh
Oh oh oh oh oh oh
Oh oh oh oh oh oh
Oh oh oh oh oh oh
Oh oh oh oh oh oh
You'll hear me roar
Oh oh oh oh oh oh
You're gonna hear me roar...
by on Oct. 18, 2013 at 4:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MomOfOneCoolKid
by Gold Member on Oct. 18, 2013 at 4:12 PM

I posted this thinking of SamMom and me.

Makes me cry...

bigmama423
by Member on Oct. 18, 2013 at 4:18 PM
1 mom liked this

I loved this song, the stations here play it too much though, so I'm kind of sick of it now. But I do love meaning and feel that it was written for me. ;)

Her firework song gets me too. Especially when she sang it with a little girl at an autism benefit. 

SamMom912
by Gold Member on Oct. 18, 2013 at 4:30 PM
1 mom liked this

I like the words,,, thank you for thinking of me. Im going to buy it for my playlist.. And I will think of you and this wonderful group.. And Ill roar! Lol

When my son was upset just now he was saying things like "life is too hard" i want to go back to first grade... (A less stressful time) and that nothing ever goes his way.. Nothing ever works out for him. he was crying so hard... So sad. 

Im pretty proud. it only took him 15 minutes to calm himself down. A real plus from the hours of sadness.. So I do think he is getting there... 

But MY heart cracks .. No SHATTERS when he talks like that... Now Im the blubbering crybaby... LOL... Ugh, im just hoping his friend doesnt think he is a baby.. Or (insert whatever insult) and still wants to play! Sometime soon. 

MomOfOneCoolKid
by Gold Member on Oct. 18, 2013 at 7:26 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting SamMom912:

I like the words,,, thank you for thinking of me. Im going to buy it for my playlist.. And I will think of you and this wonderful group.. And Ill roar! Lol

When my son was upset just now he was saying things like "life is too hard" i want to go back to first grade... (A less stressful time) and that nothing ever goes his way.. Nothing ever works out for him. he was crying so hard... So sad. 

Im pretty proud. it only took him 15 minutes to calm himself down. A real plus from the hours of sadness.. So I do think he is getting there... 

But MY heart cracks .. No SHATTERS when he talks like that... Now Im the blubbering crybaby... LOL... Ugh, im just hoping his friend doesnt think he is a baby.. Or (insert whatever insult) and still wants to play! Sometime soon. 

I wanted to share my neighbor's story:

My next door neighbor had great success homeschooling her THREE kids. I'm sure all three of them are SN in some ways (just cause of genetics) but her one son was noticeably SN.

Her kids are my age so this was way back when.

Her one SN kid was diagnosed autistic. He was tongue-tied (the bottom of the tongue was too closely attached) and he had some wax hearing issues. He got his surgery for the tongue and got his ears fixed. She says he would just jump up and down and she couldn't get him to stop for hours. (Which to me indicates he has ADHD as well). Her son had 4 words by the time he was 4 1/2.

She homeschooled him and the public school offered him 1 hour of ST a day. (That would be dreamy for me too).

But she homeschooled him and her other kids and her son went to and graduated from BOSTON COLLEGE. He's in the marines now and "making it". I'm sure with issues just like we all have issues, but to go from that to Boston College -- WOW!

And she told me its really not that taxing. (Yeah right. Maybe it seems super human to me cause I have ADHD.) She said that for preschool its about 1/2 hr a day and for kindergarten its about 1 hr a day. The rest of the time, its just museums and field trips and maybe some community classes.

Her daughter was also falling behind in 2nd grade. She told me her husband went and observed their daughter for two days (or did she say a week?) and he came back w/ the conclusion, "she's not learning anything in there".

They pulled her out. She started homeschooling her. She was at a pre-kindergarten reading level in 2nd grade. She tested her when she pulled her out with the IOWA test and retested her after her homeschool year, and she was at a 3rd 1/2 grade level by the same IOWA test. I guess she ordered the test. (And this was pre-internet I imagine, so she must have searched and searched).

So, her story gives me hope and it def gives me something to consider.

I know I was emotionally very abused throughout school. I value academics b/c of my own story, but my dev pedi and my own story, and just reading a lot of books... i realize that academics are important but even MORE important than academics is my son's emotional health.

I don't know if I will homeschool or not. Given my own personality and strengths and weaknesses, I don't know if I even could. I need those hours school provides me to research, learn, and just prepare for when he is home.

But, like I said, it def does give me something to think about.

I'm thinking maybe sending him 1/2 days (3 hrs) and the rest at home w/ me. And requesting pull-out, only small group (8 kids or less) social skills instruction or whatever. And then when he comes home, I can work w/ him for an hour or two. And mix in some non-stressful community classes like pumpkin craving or whatnot.

I'm still thinking about it. Depends on what kindergarten will look like for him.

Angelmevans
by Member on Oct. 19, 2013 at 2:54 AM
1 mom liked this
I love that song because if the lyrics. I also love Martina mcbride's song "anyway". It reminds that no matter what happens we can put a smile on our face for our children.
BAMFSFW
by Member on Oct. 19, 2013 at 8:55 AM
1 mom liked this

Love this song. I love hearing it in the morning before the start of my day.  it makes me feel great. 

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Oct. 19, 2013 at 8:45 PM
1 mom liked this

Never heard it...thanks for sharing!

Charizma77
by Carissa on Oct. 19, 2013 at 9:55 PM
1 mom liked this

Good song

mypbandj
by Jen on Oct. 19, 2013 at 10:27 PM
1 mom liked this
I've heard that song a million times but never really listened to the words. Thanks for pointing them out!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mypbandj
by Jen on Oct. 19, 2013 at 10:37 PM
1 mom liked this
The song that always 'gets' me is Perfect by Pink. The version I have doesn't say the F word, but I suppose that's how the original version goes, and why it's in the lyrics I found online. Anyway, this is the verse that makes me think of my son....

You're so mean
When you talk
About yourself, you were wrong
Change the voices in your head

Make them like you instead
So complicated
Look how we all make it
Filled with so much hatred
Such a tired game

It's enough
I've done all I can think of
Chased down all my demons
I've seen you do the same

Oh

Pretty, pretty please
Don't you ever, ever feel
Like you're less than
Fucking perfect

Pretty, pretty please
If you ever, ever feel
Like you're nothing
You're fucking perfect to me
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)