Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

Feeling Blessed

Posted by on Oct. 20, 2013 at 9:33 AM
  • 19 Replies
5 moms liked this

This morning I started my day feeling a little blah. Then I came onto cafe mom and decided to read some posts. Still feeling blah I was going to close it out. I  saw the post What have you learned about yourself by lucasmadre and I decided to reply to it. That is when it happened. The blah feeling began to fade and I was feeling better about myself. To list the positives of my life with a child with autism and how I see myself made me feel better. Then I read a reply by Jodee24 and I got goosebumps and wanted to cry tears of joy. Her dd said mama for the first time and it made me realize why this group is so important to me. You ladies remind me daily of the joys that come with autism. That even the darkest days have a ray of sunshine. That you just need to hold your head up high in the right direction and feel the warmth of the sun. Thank you for being such a great group. Thank you for sharing your ups and downs with autism. and thanks for lending that much needed support when I am at a lost and need it most.

by on Oct. 20, 2013 at 9:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Momof4AEMW
by Gold Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 9:36 AM
1 mom liked this

Hugs Mama.  Glad you are feeling better now. 

NiyasMom1
by Bronze Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 11:09 AM
1 mom liked this
Glad you're feeling better!!!!
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Oct. 20, 2013 at 1:04 PM
1 mom liked this

Hugs mama!

Nickmom1118
by Nicole on Oct. 20, 2013 at 1:47 PM
1 mom liked this
Hugs. This group defiantly helps me with my sanity. With everything being so new, I have a hard time realizing the positive. But most of the posts help me with that.
MamaLauri
by Bronze Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 4:28 PM
1 mom liked this

It was so wonderful for you to share. THANKS!

jowen905
by Jan on Oct. 20, 2013 at 4:33 PM
1 mom liked this

Thanks for sharing.  I'm glad you're feeling better, and I'd say you've just paid it forward by making some other moms feel better, too!

isotoner
by Bronze Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 4:56 PM
1 mom liked this
Thanks for sharing your story. I'm glad your feeling blessed.
robmommom
by Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 6:56 PM
1 mom liked this
I am blessed to read & share all the post with all you ladies also. You gooo ladies. I'm the only one in the family & friends with a grandson with autism . & it's hard because they think they understand, & could relate, hugs to all the moms. That really understand & could relate
Jenibob
by Bronze Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 10:08 PM
1 mom liked this

You are so right!  That's what this group does, "support"!  Glad it gave you the shot in the arm you needed:)

mypbandj
by Jen on Oct. 20, 2013 at 11:06 PM
1 mom liked this
I love this group!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN