Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

help

Posted by on Oct. 20, 2013 at 9:37 AM
  • 15 Replies
2 moms liked this
My daughter was diagnosed in june with severe autism and I have to wait 2 years before she can start therapy is that true I don't knw what do she is 2 now she cant talk and she been biting herself and making mark help any idea please
by on Oct. 20, 2013 at 9:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JTMOM422
by Brenda on Oct. 20, 2013 at 9:45 AM

Your state has an early intervention program. It's free. google it online. They work with children 0-3. At the age of 3 your child can receive help by your local school system. If your child is sever then I cant see you being turned down by either of these choices. I don't know who told you that you couldn't receive therapy for 2 years. I have never heard of that. I think that you should push and push until your child's doctor sends you referrals for outside therapies. But at the age of 2 your state early intervention could help you there. Please call them and let them know. They will come out and evaluate your child. The evaluation will let them know what services your  child may qualify for.

Momof4AEMW
by Gold Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 9:54 AM

That seems strange to me.  My kids have been in therapy since before 1 based on their delays.  There is also help through your school district if you qualify, both in an under 3 program and an over 3 program.  I would make some calls in both education and doctoring and question what you've been told.  Best of luck!

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Oct. 20, 2013 at 1:05 PM

You posted this twice.  I answered on your other post.  Good luck.

yasmeen1
by on Oct. 20, 2013 at 1:18 PM
Thanks ladies I will look into it weap told me she need 40 hour a week and 0 to 3 program only doing 3 hour a week and thats just for speech
wildchild.com
by Janine on Oct. 20, 2013 at 2:33 PM
Good luck & hugs!
Jenifr
by on Oct. 20, 2013 at 3:02 PM
Early intervention programs?
bethkeagan
by on Oct. 20, 2013 at 4:23 PM
you should also look into the gfcf diet! my son is 2 1/2 and diagnosed sever asd in August I started the gfcf diet and supplements and he no longer bangs his head no more tantrums no more crying all day and just all around happier! I am doing the biomedical treatment for him and we just started and he has improved tremendously! I go to our DAN!Dr in November and I am hoping for a mild to moderate diagnosis! he has improved that much:-) good luck with the therapy the school system should be able to help you!
yasmeen1
by on Oct. 20, 2013 at 5:20 PM
What is a gfcf diet im not familiar with can u help me and where did you start therapy at
Maxsmommy123
by Jamie on Oct. 20, 2013 at 7:09 PM
I'm guessing you live in Wisconsin. It's true with ABA through WEAP if ins doesn't cover it you are put on a 3 year waiver but there is other help available. Birth to three has their own autism program. It's on their website. Or you could ask her speech therapist about it if she works through b-3. There's also childrens hospital but its a 6 month wait to get an eval.

I would also ask b-3 about occupational therapy because they told me my son needed OT before speech because of all his sensory issues.
Good luck

Quoting yasmeen1:

Thanks ladies I will look into it weap told me she need 40 hour a week and 0 to 3 program only doing 3 hour a week and thats just for speech

Maxsmommy123
by Jamie on Oct. 20, 2013 at 7:11 PM
2 yr waiver***
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)