Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

toddler no sleep

Posted by on Oct. 22, 2013 at 8:41 PM
  • 2 Replies
Hello ladies its been a while. My autistic four year old daughter is not sleeping as she used to. She used to sleep all night but now wakes up in the middle of the night and stays up. She doesn't want to go to bed. I do give her melatonin and have increased the dosage. She goes to school and I work so its very important for both of us to get our sleep. Somebody has mentioned to get her an eeg test again. She did have it two years ago and everything came back normal. But maybe this time something might come back different. So anybody has gone thrue this? Do you ladies give melatonin every night to your kids? Because o have hear its not safe to give ot to them every night. Any ideas Please?
by on Oct. 22, 2013 at 8:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
NiyasMom1
by Bronze Member on Oct. 22, 2013 at 9:41 PM
1 mom liked this
Sorry, I don't have any advice but I hope that some of the other ladies can help. Good luck momma!
Maxsmommy123
by Jamie on Oct. 22, 2013 at 9:41 PM
1 mom liked this
I am going through this right now with my son. He was sleeping through the night at 5 weeks old. He was a pretty great sleeper for his first year. Now he wakes up multiple times a night and some night wakes up just after midnight and won't ever go back to bed. He usually just babbles in his crib. It's sad to see this and I worry so much about how no sleep will affect him but I've been told he is a bit too young for sleep aids. Good luck.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)