Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

Autism tshirts

Posted by on Nov. 2, 2013 at 5:28 PM
  • 13 Replies
Just wanted to see what everyones opinion was on these tshirts. Like the ones that say "autism is my super power"
Do you feel like these are literally labeling you kids or do you just find them cute?
by on Nov. 2, 2013 at 5:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ineedcoffeemom
by Brittaney on Nov. 2, 2013 at 6:13 PM
1 mom liked this

For me, it just depends on the shirt. I think some of them are tacky and I think others are really cute. But I mainly just like the ones for family members and friends that say "I love someone with autism" or just autism awareness shirts.

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Nov. 2, 2013 at 6:52 PM

I personally find them cute:)

Charizma77
by Carissa on Nov. 2, 2013 at 8:01 PM

I think they are cute, but I don't own any..

bethkeagan
by Member on Nov. 2, 2013 at 8:22 PM
I think they are cute and was thinking of getting one for my son just so I don't have to explain to everyone why he doesn't listen or why he can't stand in line or share etc... Lol because he doesn't look autistic! ugh I hate that saying!
Momof4AEMW
by Gold Member on Nov. 2, 2013 at 8:53 PM

We do not wear one on a regular basis, but we have the "autism is my super power" that we wore to our Autism walk we did with his teacher and aide.  We pretty much only wear them for the walks though, not just out and about. 

LostInLove2002
by on Nov. 3, 2013 at 12:20 AM
1 mom liked this

Don't know about the labeling part. Hadn't thought of it in that light.
However, before I had an official dx of my son's autism I reached out to help Mom's with autistic children on a MOPs page. I made handbags that said "Please be patient my child has autism". It was a great way to carry their child's things and also let the outside world know that there's a reason for the behavior that they see but don't understand. It was a great help to many and I'm thinking of making them again.

Paperfishies
by Member on Nov. 3, 2013 at 12:22 AM
I think they're cute.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mypbandj
by Jen on Nov. 3, 2013 at 12:31 AM
They're cute. I don't have any and probably wouldn't buy any. But they're cute.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
terri-553
by Bronze Member on Nov. 3, 2013 at 8:54 AM

I have a Pink Austism T ,I wear it to our Annual Walk,It says some I love has Austism,now I have 2 grandsons w/it.I love my t.cause it supports Austism

lucasmadre
by Kari on Nov. 3, 2013 at 5:46 PM

I think if my son wants to wear one when he grows up then that is fine but I'm not sure I would put it on him without his "permission." Maybe I am being silly-guess it is just not my style but I don't have anything against them.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)