Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

if I have an emergency with my daughter

Posted by on Nov. 3, 2013 at 6:23 PM
  • 6 Replies
My 9 yr old with Autism is going to be seeing a new dr but we are having trouble getting her in because of some legal issues. Dh is off Friday morning and I'm off all day so I'm going to call and tell them dd has a bad insident at school Friday of last week she pushed a table into the teacher and she refused to do work this weekend was offal too she tore up a book screamed at everyone and beat up slapped her sister and swung a heavy spoon at me. This is all true do you think they'd make an emergancy appt for her on Friday if I told them about these behaviors? Should I call the after hrs line and art least tell them what's going on and ask what we can do?
by on Nov. 3, 2013 at 6:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
ineedcoffeemom
by Brittaney on Nov. 3, 2013 at 6:43 PM

I honestly don't know if they'll see you or not but it's always worth calling and finding out. If this is going to be her new doctor they need to be aware of her behaviors anyways and if these recent behaviors are all new for your daughter they may agree it's an emergency. 

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Nov. 3, 2013 at 7:14 PM

I completely agree with Brittany.  I would call them, sharing everything you've shared here and see if they can move the appointment up.  I'd consider it an emergency for sure.  Hugs!  Let us know how things go.

mamaBerg85
by Member on Nov. 3, 2013 at 8:05 PM
I called the dr but I'm getting no response. I know it's Sunday but really this is not good. All I did a min ago was ask my husband if she wrote all 4 of her homework sentences and she ran to the kitchen and threw the paper at me after he said yes. I was telling her how proud I was that She worked on her sorry note so well. I just don't know what to do anymore.
amonkeymom
by Amy on Nov. 4, 2013 at 9:48 PM

Have you heard back from the doctor's office?  If not, you might need to take her to the ER.

JTMOM422
by Brenda on Nov. 4, 2013 at 9:57 PM

I would let them know what is going on for sure. I would call to see if they will see her friday if not call the after hrs line and let them know that you are needing help. If she is getting violent with teachers and family members it won't be long til someone will get really hurt. 

mamaBerg85
by Member on Nov. 4, 2013 at 10:18 PM
They just want intensive outpatient for now. I am going to talk to her therapist about it tomorrow and see what she says.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN