Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

Kids with autism prone to seeing spirits?!??

Posted by on Nov. 3, 2013 at 7:42 PM
  • 53 Replies
1 mom liked this
So, I went this morning to meet with a consultant who is going to teach us ABA. I'm not sure how it came about but her son has a twin who died of pneumonia and apparently he sees and talks with her all of the time. It doesn't stop there!
They were in a restaurant once and he said "Dad why are there so many dead people in here?!?!" He said everybody was dressed like the 1800's. There was also a time where his therapist was over and he said he saw her friend and her grandmother and knew their names and said they were laughing at her and a funny question she asked him.

So she actually went to see a psychic who told her that because of the way the autistic mind works it would make sense for them to be more suseptible to seeing these things.

She describes him starting off a lot and smiling and always wondering if that's what he's looking at.

Once a couple days before the anniversary of my grandpas death, it was one of those days.. All these songs would play and I just felt like he was with me.. Well all of a sudden as I'm thinking about him and feeling like he is around, my son stares off to the side of me and starts smiling and laughing at NOTHING. I said to him that day "grandpas here isn't he max.." And now I'm honestly thinking he really was here that day.
I just wanted to share!!!

What do you guys think??!??
by on Nov. 3, 2013 at 7:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mypbandj
by Jen on Nov. 3, 2013 at 7:46 PM
I have a friend who swears she sees ghosts. I don't talk to her about it though because I'd be creeped out!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bethkeagan
by on Nov. 3, 2013 at 7:54 PM
2 moms liked this
I think all little kids see them! (babies) and it's like you said you can feel them:-)
Maxsmommy123
by Jamie on Nov. 3, 2013 at 8:18 PM
I'm curious to hear once he communicates better if he sees grandpa. I got pregnant the day he died so I think they have met before 😀

Quoting mypbandj:

I have a friend who swears she sees ghosts. I don't talk to her about it though because I'd be creeped out!

Maxsmommy123
by Jamie on Nov. 3, 2013 at 8:18 PM
Me too. It makes sense that someone with autism may see them at an older age.

Quoting bethkeagan:

I think all little kids see them! (babies) and it's like you said you can feel them:-)

bethkeagan
by on Nov. 3, 2013 at 8:24 PM
3 moms liked this
Yeah I think that we stop seeing them because we are told over and over that ghost aren't real. and I think autistic people's minds work so differently that yes they probably do see them:-)

Quoting Maxsmommy123:

Me too. It makes sense that someone with autism may see them at an older age.

Quoting bethkeagan:

Charizma77
by Carissa on Nov. 3, 2013 at 10:05 PM

Interesting. I have no idea :)

johnns
by Johnna on Nov. 3, 2013 at 10:29 PM
1 mom liked this
My daughter one time was talking about my dead do Shredder?!? One, she wasn't born when he was alive, 2), at the time her vocabulary was very limited, and 3) isn't like we talk casually often about him! Actually I heard it more than once, which is why it stuck with me. She was looking out the window. My middle child heard it the 2nd time. Afterwards, I looked at him and asked if he heard what I heard. He looked freaked out and said yes.
I also think sometimes she knows what I'm thinking. I've never really talked about it, but the other day I asked middle kid if he had ever experienced it, he said it has happened to him also. I told him we better watch what were thinking, because its not as private as we thought.
I'm not one to be superstitious, kind of freaks me out
kajira
by Emma on Nov. 3, 2013 at 10:47 PM
3 moms liked this

uhhh i'd be worried about schizophrenia.

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Nov. 4, 2013 at 5:29 AM

I don't really believe that...just me though.

TheJerseyGirl
by Michele on Nov. 4, 2013 at 6:14 AM

I don't know what to think but I hope D doesn't start doing this! It'll freak me out!LOL!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN