Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

Humor, according to a 12 year old boy

Posted by on Nov. 6, 2013 at 11:25 PM
Jan
  • 13 Replies

My son had just showered and I told him that his hair smelled really nice.  He said, straight-faced, "I didn't know you liked the smell of poop".  What??

Just thought I'd share..........if you don't find his response funny, I understand.  We have a weird sense of humor in this house!

by on Nov. 6, 2013 at 11:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ineedcoffeemom
by Brittaney on Nov. 7, 2013 at 12:02 AM

Sounds like my brother's sense of humor ..... he says things that make you wrinkle your forehead and smile at the same! lol ....... It doesn't matter if other people don't think it's funny, as long as he's supported at home. 

TheJerseyGirl
by Michele on Nov. 7, 2013 at 6:16 AM

My son is 12 too! Does yours completely crack up at Spongebob? To be honest, everyone in my house laughs at Spongebob but he gets hysterical over it smetimes. And anything with the word poop...lol.

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Nov. 7, 2013 at 6:58 AM

Funny!

jowen905
by Jan on Nov. 7, 2013 at 9:15 AM

He likes Spongebob, but what really gets him is the "Wipeout" show and the original Three Stooges, and, of course, anything poop!

Quoting TheJerseyGirl:

My son is 12 too! Does yours completely crack up at Spongebob? To be honest, everyone in my house laughs at Spongebob but he gets hysterical over it smetimes. And anything with the word poop...lol.

lucasmadre
by Kari on Nov. 7, 2013 at 10:19 AM
1 mom liked this

Oh I get it....my son would say something like that to just see my response :) We were laughing so hard he wet his pants last night and I can't even remember what it was about. If you can't laugh through this you are doomed! For a long time I tried to get him to stay away from the bathroom humor but you know what, you can fight cityhall or an asd kid so I am just going with it!  xo

puertoricangeek
by on Nov. 7, 2013 at 10:26 AM

Hey, if grown NT men can get paid for it let him do it. I still do potty jokes and I'm 26, been married for almost 7 years, have two kids, and still almost pee my pants laughing!

Quoting lucasmadre:

Oh I get it....my son would say something like that to just see my response :) We were laughing so hard he wet his pants last night and I can't even remember what it was about. If you can't laugh through this you are doomed! For a long time I tried to get him to stay away from the bathroom humor but you know what, you can fight cityhall or an asd kid so I am just going with it!  xo

lucasmadre
by Kari on Nov. 7, 2013 at 10:36 AM

I am trying to learn to take things less seriously and to have more fun with my boy. I have been too tough on him and he needs to be himself...he has to hold it together at school, he should be able to be goofy at home. xo

Quoting puertoricangeek:

Hey, if grown NT men can get paid for it let him do it. I still do potty jokes and I'm 26, been married for almost 7 years, have two kids, and still almost pee my pants laughing!

Quoting lucasmadre:

JTMOM422
by Brenda on Nov. 7, 2013 at 10:37 AM

Haha. I think that it's funny. It's definately sounds like something that would be said around here lol

jowen905
by Jan on Nov. 7, 2013 at 10:42 AM

I completely agree!

Quoting lucasmadre:

I am trying to learn to take things less seriously and to have more fun with my boy. I have been too tough on him and he needs to be himself...he has to hold it together at school, he should be able to be goofy at home. xo

Quoting puertoricangeek:

Quoting lucasmadre:

Jenibob
by Bronze Member on Nov. 7, 2013 at 5:19 PM
1 mom liked this
My son is 11. He loves toilet humor. I don't stop it because its one of the few times he giggles for real! I love to hear him laugh so we tolerate fart noises & such!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)