Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

DH was proud!!

Posted by on Nov. 7, 2013 at 12:15 AM
  • 10 Replies
3 moms liked this

Tonight dh was proud of his little girl. He didn't actually say it, but his action spoke volumes. You know us moms are always so proud of the little successes we experience with our kids, but sometimes our husbands don't quite react the same way. But tonight I was making chicken and dumplings and I decided to see if my daughter would help me ( I had a feeling she might because she loves putting things in water). So I was holding her on my hip and I pulled a piece of dough and rolled it in my hand, then put it in the pot. I did this several times so she could see what I was doing. And just like I'd hoped, when I handed her a ball of dough, she threw it right in the pot. Some tosses were a little hard and I was worried we might get splattered with boiling water ... but life's not perfect right? So anyway, we were standing there doing our thing when dh came home. He walked in, saw little girl helping me with dinner and said so sweetly "Are you helping make dinner???" and then he pulled out his camera and started videoing us. He videod us for a couple of minutes, me rolling dough in my hand, her taking it out of my hand and putting it in the pot. Then he emailed the video to his parents and mine. He never told her he was proud of her but you could see it in his eyes. It almost made me cry!

by on Nov. 7, 2013 at 12:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TheJerseyGirl
by Michele on Nov. 7, 2013 at 6:14 AM

Awww so sweet!

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Nov. 7, 2013 at 6:59 AM

That's wonderful!!!

wildchild.com
by Janine on Nov. 7, 2013 at 7:59 AM
Awe that's so sweet!
heathers5500
by Bronze Member on Nov. 7, 2013 at 8:45 AM

That's super sweet

jowen905
by Jan on Nov. 7, 2013 at 9:21 AM

That is so nice!

megs2boys
by Member on Nov. 7, 2013 at 10:06 AM
1 mom liked this

Awwww my husband is a pretty un emotional guy that doesnt really voice his feelings at all, but when he is with Sam, he is a mush bucket! He turns into this sweet talking goofy guy and occasionally i'll catch him just leaning down to kiss the top of Sams head! It melts me!

JTMOM422
by Brenda on Nov. 7, 2013 at 10:12 AM
2 moms liked this

This is a beautiful thing. He captured it on camera to show the everyone how proud he was of her. This spoke in volumes. YAY Dad

Charizma77
by Carissa on Nov. 7, 2013 at 11:32 AM

What a sweet moment!

Jenibob
by Bronze Member on Nov. 7, 2013 at 12:33 PM
Love it!
HippoCat
by Hadley on Nov. 8, 2013 at 1:21 AM

What a beautiful story!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)