Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

son is almost 3

Posted by on Nov. 7, 2013 at 2:18 AM
  • 11 Replies
My son is almost 3 .., been doing early intervention for 5 months straight ... Seeing a lot of progress except in speech ... Not one word yet .. I know he's still so young . Just worried that he will stay non verbal . Any input would be appreciated. I don't have any autism parent friends to talk to or go to for help and advice .
by on Nov. 7, 2013 at 2:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TheJerseyGirl
by Michele on Nov. 7, 2013 at 6:03 AM
1 mom liked this

Welcome to the group!

Be patient...My son was 3 when he was diagnosed and it took a while to see any progress.

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Nov. 7, 2013 at 7:07 AM
1 mom liked this

Be patient mama:)  My son is 5 and completely nonverbal...but he's making noises and trying.  He will get there.  HUGS!

Nickmom1118
by Nicole on Nov. 7, 2013 at 7:10 AM
1 mom liked this
Welcome to the group
shugerbit
by Member on Nov. 7, 2013 at 7:13 AM
1 mom liked this

My son is 3, he graduated out of ei in September. He was in st and aba since 18 months, but still nonverbal.  You will learn to appreciate each little thing he will learn.  He is nonverbal, but has he learned any signs? Or any other picture card skills? My son can do a couple signs and show some pictures which makes life easier for all of us.

wildchild.com
by Janine on Nov. 7, 2013 at 7:55 AM
1 mom liked this
Hi & welcome...give him some time my son was nonverbal until he was 4 .Sounds like he's on the right track.
heathers5500
by Bronze Member on Nov. 7, 2013 at 8:41 AM
1 mom liked this

is he signing or using a picture exchange? My DS signed and as he learned to speak a word hw would drop the sign.

HopeAlive
by on Nov. 7, 2013 at 11:39 AM

I'm sorry to hear about your concerns, friend. Does he babble at all?

MistyMoo
by Bronze Member on Nov. 7, 2013 at 12:03 PM
I don't have any advice, really, but my nieces son just turned 3 and he's so not talking.. He doesn't have a diagnosis of anything though. They're just starting to investigate into why he's not talking.. Best of luck mama *hugs*
emarin77
by Silver Member on Nov. 7, 2013 at 12:12 PM
1 mom liked this

With all that intervention he'll be talking.  Just be patient.  He'll surprize you.

ineedcoffeemom
by Brittaney on Nov. 7, 2013 at 12:17 PM
1 mom liked this

My daughter's 2 1/2 and been in ei for almost 9 months now ..... she started off with 2 words and now only has 4 .... and definitely still considered non-verbal because she doesn't say any of the words everyday. We're doing picture exchange and she has increased her babbling ALOT. So I'm very hopeful even though extremely frustrated some days because she makes sounds like she's talking through hums but won't actually say the words.   Was he real far behind in receptive language as well as expressive? My daughter was and I think if they retested that, it would show she's progressed alot there .... so for her at least, I think she needed to know what the words were for before she'd say them. Good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN