Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

their accomplishments.

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2013 at 8:24 PM
  • 37 Replies
2 moms liked this
We have had a post about our kids biggest challenges. So, I wanted to switch it up. What are your kids accomplishments lately? It can be something that you are surprised that they were able to do, or just a positive story of something about your child.
by on Nov. 9, 2013 at 8:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Nickmom1118
by Nicole on Nov. 9, 2013 at 8:28 PM
3 moms liked this

So, Nicolas doesn't usually respond to many emotions. He is more aware to me when he knows I'm upset about something. But doesn't usually react to it. He almost fell off my lap, and I jerked to catch him. Well, I hurt my bad back.

So, right before it was bed time, I was in tears because it hurt so bad. Nicolas came up to me and gave me a hug, and then walked around me about three times constantly givingme kisses. Then he asked, "u happy now?" It was so sweet.

johnns
by Johnna on Nov. 10, 2013 at 12:28 AM
1 mom liked this
Sally (5) has been doing great socially. Following directions. Went out to eat and she sat in a chair- not booth where we kind of barricade her in, but stayed there and ate! Also my boys had to takes her to their scout meeting, and she sat there, quietly, participated with them. So great that she's easier to take places! It gives the family confidence in being to take her out and everyone enjoy themselves. We've had some rough times with that. Not to mention opening her world up. I'm just feeling so GOOD about that!
Also the vocabulary is growing- were having conversations. Its been a long road, but its all coming around. Its more enjoyable instead of frustrating.

Also I had to take her with us to do scouting for food, boys had to hang up bags on houses in community. I was the driver. She hung in there, stayed in car seat and didn't raise hell about not getting out of car with boys. So grateful were finally able to do things with her!!
Nice to enjoy her company, fun to be with. Yes!!!:)
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Nov. 10, 2013 at 7:03 AM
1 mom liked this

Great post idea!  Brady is now venturing out with his eating...he's eating other kids of baby food than the same one he's been eating for almost a year!

Nickmom1118
by Nicole on Nov. 10, 2013 at 9:26 AM
That is all great! It gives me hope that just maybe my son will be able to go to a restaurant and we can all enjoy out food! We either have to eat as fast as him, or eat in shifts so that one person is tending to him.

I bet you are so happy for her!

Quoting johnns:

Sally (5) has been doing great socially. Following directions. Went out to eat and she sat in a chair- not booth where we kind of barricade her in, but stayed there and ate! Also my boys had to takes her to their scout meeting, and she sat there, quietly, participated with them. So great that she's easier to take places! It gives the family confidence in being to take her out and everyone enjoy themselves. We've had some rough times with that. Not to mention opening her world up. I'm just feeling so GOOD about that!

Also the vocabulary is growing- were having conversations. Its been a long road, but its all coming around. Its more enjoyable instead of frustrating.

Also I had to take her with us to do scouting for food, boys had to hang up bags on houses in community. I was the driver. She hung in there, stayed in car seat and didn't raise hell about not getting out of car with boys. So grateful were finally able to do things with her!!

Nice to enjoy her company, fun to be with. Yes!!!:)
Nickmom1118
by Nicole on Nov. 10, 2013 at 9:30 AM
1 mom liked this
Thx! I wanted to look at the positive to help me look towards the future in a positive way. I hope that makes sense.

That is great about the food. I love when Nicolas is willing to lick something we have. Even though he won't eat it. (Even if he likes the taste) but it is always a step in the right direction and it takes a lot to try something new. So happy for him!

Quoting darbyakeep45:

Great post idea!  Brady is now venturing out with his eating...he's eating other kids of baby food than the same one he's been eating for almost a year!

patnic
by Bronze Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 10:20 AM

Patrick (pdd-nos)has a great friend in school.  Such a good role model and just a nice boy. In the past, he has been drawn to trouble-makers.

Nicholas (sensory issues) is having kids ask to sit with them at lunchtime.  This is such a big deal to me.  He use to only play with his brother and basically was almost mute in preschool.  It is wonderful to see other kids want to sit with him.

Maxsmommy123
by Jamie on Nov. 10, 2013 at 10:46 AM
I am thinking my sons receptive language is much better than we thought. He's starting to understand that he has to sign for things he wants, and as we continue making more flash cards we have been figuring out that he knows more than we thought too. He catches on to things quickly. The signing is helping.
Nickmom1118
by Nicole on Nov. 10, 2013 at 11:34 AM
That is great that they have are starting to make friends.

Quoting patnic:

Patrick (pdd-nos)has a great friend in school.  Such a good role model and just a nice boy. In the past, he has been drawn to trouble-makers.

Nicholas (sensory issues) is having kids ask to sit with them at lunchtime.  This is such a big deal to me.  He use to only play with his brother and basically was almost mute in preschool.  It is wonderful to see other kids want to sit with him.

Nickmom1118
by Nicole on Nov. 10, 2013 at 11:39 AM
That is wonderful that the signing is helping him.

Quoting Maxsmommy123:

I am thinking my sons receptive language is much better than we thought. He's starting to understand that he has to sign for things he wants, and as we continue making more flash cards we have been figuring out that he knows more than we thought too. He catches on to things quickly. The signing is helping.
lady-J-Rock
by Bronze Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 12:03 PM
2 moms liked this
We went to my parents farm yesterday and Xavier was looking around. My mom asked what he wanted. He pointed and said that. She picked up the box of doughnuts and said you want this? He replied yes I want that. So not only did he say a new word, that he used a four word sentence.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN