Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

How has your child made you proud lately?

Posted by on Nov. 13, 2013 at 12:52 PM
Amy
  • 42 Replies
1 mom liked this

My kiddo is doing much better (so far) this quarter in school.  I'm proud of him for actually wanting to get his homework done last night!

by on Nov. 13, 2013 at 12:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kjlmommy
by Member on Nov. 13, 2013 at 12:56 PM

Every single day.  He's trying so hard to communicate clearly, and doesn't often get upset when I can't understand him and need him to repeat himself often.  He's sweet and smart and lovely, and he just makes me proud of who he is.  He's a great kid.

Owl_Feather
by Member on Nov. 13, 2013 at 12:59 PM
2 moms liked this

My son is 5 and in kindergarten. He wrote this at home 2 days ago. It reads: "Big mats is it cloudy. Little mats is it komi. Is big and little mats. Be it you be you lit. So me cat hat  three I u. In konot it It is You! The fun little is you?" I am framing this. It is the cutest thing I have ever seen. Some words mae no sense but he makes words up sometimes lol

Angelmevans
by Member on Nov. 13, 2013 at 10:53 PM
He is doing amazing in school. He is also making huge strides in recognizing other peoples feelings and emotions(which has been a huge issue for us)
ineedcoffeemom
by Brittaney on Nov. 13, 2013 at 11:29 PM
1 mom liked this

Well, my daughter has improved in showing me her likes and dislikes. We're now having to focus alot more on how to appropriately let me know her dislikes, but a definite personality is emerging.

Charizma77
by Carissa on Nov. 14, 2013 at 11:00 AM

I'm proud that he is working hard in school, vocalizing to me when he is upset or nervous (he actually used the word nervous with me the other day) he let his little brother have the iPad this morning when I know he wanted on it. 

terri-553
by Terri on Nov. 14, 2013 at 12:29 PM

Thomas made A&B Honor Roll last 6 weeks.

TheLadyAmalthea
by Bronze Member on Nov. 14, 2013 at 12:31 PM
1 mom liked this

My son does something every day that makes me proud. He could do something like verbally ask for something, or be a good big brother to little sister.

culinaryqueen
by on Nov. 14, 2013 at 12:31 PM
Everyday, we are currently working on his science fair project, Volcano under water it's alot of fun, he tries so hard in school I tell him just to do his best every day
larissa5512
by on Nov. 14, 2013 at 12:33 PM
He is doing amazing in school. Proved to the teachers he is smarter than they think and they just need to find a way to teach him that works and quit being lazy and expecting him to learn the way everyone else does. He's more patient, and calm! He's made me so proud!!
mamajoie
by on Nov. 14, 2013 at 12:42 PM
1 mom liked this

Jim has been gone from home for 3 weeks now and did well enough at his grandmas in spite off her misundertandings and mis conceptions but he knew he couldn't stay there and he (emphasis on he) made arrangements to find himself a better situation and removed himself from a situation that was not good for him. He has learned to self advocate and meet his own needs. He calls for advice sometimes but he is living his own life and caring for himself!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN