Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New!!!

Posted by on Nov. 14, 2013 at 8:05 PM
  • 13 Replies

Mobile Photo

Hi everyone!! I am a mother of a 2 year old who had failed the m-chat 5 times with a 7 red flag out of 7. So I know regardless of the m-chat at he's in the spectrum. The waiting for the information and the evaluation is the hardest part so I know what to do!!
Hope to make some new friends!!

I have so many questions
by on Nov. 14, 2013 at 8:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Danielleb4
by Member on Nov. 14, 2013 at 8:06 PM
Sorry. Failed 4 times and 6 out of 7.
Momof4AEMW
by Silver Member on Nov. 14, 2013 at 8:16 PM

Welcome to the group!!!  You will like it here! 

wildchild.com
by Janine on Nov. 14, 2013 at 8:18 PM
Hello & welcome :-)
Danielleb4
by Member on Nov. 14, 2013 at 8:26 PM
Hi thank you!!! I'm just browsing and so much seems familiar already.
mypbandj
by Jen on Nov. 14, 2013 at 8:33 PM
Hi! My son also failed the MCHAT. He's three now. What were the concerns on the MCHAT? Have you called early intervention yet?

Welcome to the group!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Danielleb4
by Member on Nov. 14, 2013 at 8:40 PM
Well they are setting me up with early intervention that will come to my home. I think he is high functioning autism with pdd
When I tell my family (I haven't) I hate to put it this way. But what do I label the syndrome ,disease etcetera
That's the biggest one. I have to wait till march for his evaluation. And that is hard.
Linda733
by Linda on Nov. 14, 2013 at 9:07 PM

Hi! Welcome to the group. You have found the right place for all the support, advice and mothers that get it! My son Zachary  was diagnosed with PDD NOS in Sept of this year. So I am very new to all of this. My son has therapy 5 days a week in home and I can tell you it has been a heaven sent. My son has made amazing progress in just a little over 4 months time. He is an entirely different child and all for the better. I can relate to the waiting months for the evaluation to get a diagnosis and how nerve racking it is. What I did was have early intervention come in before my son was officially diagnosed and evaluate him. From there they approved therapy and it started in home within two weeks. A month later he went back for the neurodevelopmental follow up and got diagnosed. Hopefully the same will happen with your son. I can tell you that although I already knew deep down my son had developmental delays it was hard for me to deal with at first. Then I joined this group and got strength and support from such wonderful ladies. They helped me through the toughest part for me which was acceptance. Now I put all my energy into my son and learning what can I do to help him and my outlook is beyond positive. Where are you from? 

Quoting Danielleb4:

Well they are setting me up with early intervention that will come to my home. I think he is high functioning autism with pdd
When I tell my family (I haven't) I hate to put it this way. But what do I label the syndrome ,disease etcetera
That's the biggest one. I have to wait till march for his evaluation. And that is hard.

aakeiser
by Silver Member on Nov. 14, 2013 at 9:34 PM
Welcome to the group. ..
Charizma77
by Carissa on Nov. 14, 2013 at 9:59 PM

Welcome to the group! My son was dx when he was 3.5 and recently turned 9. Feel free to ask as as many questions as you want!

Maxsmommy123
by Jamie on Nov. 14, 2013 at 11:14 PM
Welcome to the group. My son is 19 months and was diagnosed 3 weeks ago!! You've got a long wait and the waiting is the hardest part. If you are anything like me, you will go back and forth for the next 4.5 months thinking "is he" "isn't he" "am I crazy"
Early intervention is great. My son has been seeing an OT for 3 weeks and he is already making progress!!! He is coming to me to help me use sign language to get what he wants(mostly to get the fridge open,lol), and making small improvements every day!

Just know that you are already on the right track! There will be ups and downs. Right now our battle is with insurance!
Good luck and you are in the right place. I don't know what I would do without this group!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)