Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

Zachary update :)

Posted by on Nov. 20, 2013 at 10:33 PM
  • 19 Replies
5 moms liked this

Hi ladies, 

Just a quick post..we bought our son a motorized car for his bday this year and he was actually afraid of it and would not ride it at all. My neighbors son would jump on it when I had it outside. Then my son would want me to sit on it put him on my lap and ride around. Well obviously my butt is too big and heavy so we wouldn't get very far lol So needless to say the car has been sitting for months unused. Well yesterday my son pulled it out got on it and pushed the button to make it go and rode it through the house! I was floored. This kid is full of surprises and I'm so happy to be here to witness them all. He has been riding the bike on and off all day!! 

by on Nov. 20, 2013 at 10:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Momof4AEMW
by Gold Member on Nov. 20, 2013 at 10:46 PM

gotta love progress! 

Linda733
by on Nov. 20, 2013 at 11:36 PM

Every bit of it :) what an awesome kid I have. I'm so happy and proud to be called mom by him 

Quoting Momof4AEMW:

gotta love progress! 

baconator1218
by Member on Nov. 21, 2013 at 2:13 AM
1 mom liked this
Sometimes these little precious ones need a little extra time .. and that's perfectly fine <3
SAMI_JO
by Bronze Member on Nov. 21, 2013 at 4:35 AM
2 moms liked this

I think he just had to absorb the sound and the movement feeling. But congrats on the new success.

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Nov. 21, 2013 at 5:37 AM
1 mom liked this

Yay!!!

bethkeagan
by Member on Nov. 21, 2013 at 7:41 AM
1 mom liked this
hahaha I know what you mean about the butt being to big. my son always trys to get me in the tunle at chuckie cheese and well I am 6ft 2 and I don't fit so well! Lol. I am so glad he loves his new ride:-)
Linda733
by on Nov. 21, 2013 at 9:56 AM

Lol I'm only 5ft 3 120lbs but the butt is a little big to be on a tiny motorized car lol my son also makes me climb through all that stuff with him lol I'm always like yay I feel so young and then about the fifth time around I'm like holy crap I'm too old for this lol thanks Beth :) 

Quoting bethkeagan:

hahaha I know what you mean about the butt being to big. my son always trys to get me in the tunle at chuckie cheese and well I am 6ft 2 and I don't fit so well! Lol. I am so glad he loves his new ride:-)

jowen905
by Jan on Nov. 21, 2013 at 10:00 AM

Good for him!  I love hearing about progress like that, especially when you least expect it and then it just happens one day!  Awesome!

Linda733
by on Nov. 21, 2013 at 10:10 AM

He's never ceases to amaze me..thank you :) 

Quoting jowen905:

Good for him!  I love hearing about progress like that, especially when you least expect it and then it just happens one day!  Awesome!

bethkeagan
by Member on Nov. 21, 2013 at 10:14 AM
1 mom liked this
Yes it's so fun to feel like a kid again:-)

Quoting Linda733:

Lol I'm only 5ft 3 120lbs but the butt is a little big to be on a tiny motorized car lol my son also makes me climb through all that stuff with him lol I'm always like yay I feel so young and then about the fifth time around I'm like holy crap I'm too old for this lol thanks Beth :) 

Quoting bethkeagan:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)