Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

Will your kids eat a traditional Thanksgiving dinner?

Posted by on Nov. 22, 2013 at 5:04 AM
  • 46 Replies

Dillon actually will! He loves stuffing, mashed potatoes and turkey with lots of gravy, so PHEW!LOL! But I also will include things that aren't traditional but that he loves like pigs in a blanket eye rollingand he loves making them, too!

Are you making anything untraditional for your kids?turkey dinner

by on Nov. 22, 2013 at 5:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SAMI_JO
by Bronze Member on Nov. 22, 2013 at 5:25 AM
1 mom liked this

He will eat turkey, ham, corn and mac n cheese.

erica19791
by on Nov. 22, 2013 at 5:29 AM
My dad is making goose along with the traditional things. I hate goose. It's for the men in my family!
TheJerseyGirl
by Michele on Nov. 22, 2013 at 5:32 AM

WHAT?? I never had goose!

Quoting erica19791:

My dad is making goose along with the traditional things. I hate goose. It's for the men in my family!

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Nov. 22, 2013 at 6:40 AM
2 moms liked this

That's great mama!  Brady will only eat baby food but I'm getting him a "Thanksgiving Turkey" one:)

lillettemomma
by Member on Nov. 22, 2013 at 7:00 AM
My daughters will totally eat a.mormal thanks giving dinner... lol its me who won't (I'm an aspie)
SamMom912
by Gold Member on Nov. 22, 2013 at 7:43 AM

Nope... If McDonalds made a turkey nugget he might try it. Lol

we are going to my SILs.. So Ill bring a slice or 2 of pizza for him or a bagel. 

he will eat carrots and broccoli from the crudite platter. He just has so many oral sensitivites and thanksgiving with a house full of people is not a day to make him stretch. Its a hard enough day with out of his house, 3.5 hours in the car, 26 people in the house... So, ill bring him comfortable food. ;) 

Momof4AEMW
by Gold Member on Nov. 22, 2013 at 8:19 AM

Oh, heck no!  My son with ASD will eat the same lunch he pretty much does every day; sunbutter sandwich cut into squares, goldfish crackers or square pretzels, apple sauce or banana, and I got him his fav - hostess chocolate cupcakes for when we all have pie.  He is welcome to eat anything available we have but will probably only eat the rolls, lol!  And my little daughter with downs will be doing her usual baby/soft foods but may get her to eat some mashed potatoes!  My other two will probably eat some of it, especially if I tell my daughter it is chicken.  And tell my oldest he is almost 11 (and NT) and this is what we eat on Thanksgiving.  If he doesn't fill up and is a bit hungry I am confident he will pack it away at a later meal to catch up, and he's already planning a big breakfast! 

Momof4AEMW
by Gold Member on Nov. 22, 2013 at 8:19 AM
1 mom liked this

I got the same one!!!  I'm going to see if I can pass off any massed potatoes too but who knows! 

Quoting darbyakeep45:

That's great mama!  Brady will only eat baby food but I'm getting him a "Thanksgiving Turkey" one:)

SnowWhieQueen
by Member on Nov. 22, 2013 at 8:23 AM

we have ham ..and mac and cheese as well..no turkey for us..but i might make one for christmas

JTMOM422
by Brenda on Nov. 22, 2013 at 8:34 AM

we are going to my inlaws. No jonathan won't eat traditional thanksgiving stuff. He might eat the potatoes and that is about it. I have spoken to my in laws and they understand and said they will make whatever he likes 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)