Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

Elf on the Shelf?

Posted by on Nov. 30, 2013 at 2:42 AM
Jen
  • 29 Replies
1 mom liked this
Do you guys do elf on the shelf? I want to do it this yr but I need ideas!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 30, 2013 at 2:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TheJerseyGirl
by Michele on Nov. 30, 2013 at 5:28 AM

EEP!!! I'm waiting for mine to come in the mail! My sister and I have been saying we'd do this for about 5 years and never got them. My SIL got one and keeps sending us pics each morning of the Elf (Kensworth) and I just couldn't take it anymore!

Anyhow...there are the NEATEST ideas on Pinterest! So far, my SIL's elf wrote on my niece's face while she was sleeping, got into the flour and sugar in the kitchen and made snow angels, strung blinking colored lights on the Christmas tree, took a string of lights across the livingroom and hung Christmas balls all over it, toilet papered the bathroom...OMG the list goes on and on.

wildchild.com
by Janine on Nov. 30, 2013 at 5:52 AM
Quoting TheJerseyGirl:

EEP!!! I'm waiting for mine to come in the mail! My sister and I have been saying we'd do this for about 5 years and never got them. My SIL got one and keeps sending us pics each morning of the Elf (Kensworth) and I just couldn't take it anymore!

Anyhow...there are the NEATEST ideas on Pinterest! So far, my SIL's elf wrote on my niece's face while she was sleeping, got into the flour and sugar in the kitchen and made snow angels, strung blinking colored lights on the Christmas tree, took a string of lights across the livingroom and hung Christmas balls all over it, toilet papered the bathroom...OMG the list goes on and on.

That's great! My son is just understanding santa so I think we'll hold off for a little bit. But what a cute idea it really creates even more magic in x-mas :-)
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Nov. 30, 2013 at 5:53 AM

Nope.  Not my thing.

TheJerseyGirl
by Michele on Nov. 30, 2013 at 5:57 AM
2 moms liked this

It really does! I wish I'd gotten one when my kids were smaller, but I think the women in our family are going to enjoy this a little too much. My SIL cracks herself up doing this!

Quoting wildchild.com:

Quoting TheJerseyGirl:

That's great! My son is just understanding santa so I think we'll hold off for a little bit. But what a cute idea it really creates even more magic in x-mas :-)

princess_1983
by Bronze Member on Nov. 30, 2013 at 9:35 AM

Nope we don't do it. Having an elf watch you, that's just creepy.

LIMom1105
by Silver Member on Nov. 30, 2013 at 9:36 AM

No.  My son thinks it's creepy, so I don't do it.

There are probably ideas on Pinterest. 

newmommy430
by Silver Member on Nov. 30, 2013 at 7:12 PM
My son probably wouldn't care about the Elf at all, but if he likes it, it would end up in his bed. Lol.
mypbandj
by Jen on Nov. 30, 2013 at 9:26 PM
1 mom liked this
I hadn't thought of that happening but I can totally see Liam doing that! Lol

Quoting newmommy430:

My son probably wouldn't care about the Elf at all, but if he likes it, it would end up in his bed. Lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mypbandj
by Jen on Nov. 30, 2013 at 9:37 PM
I need to get on there and look!

Quoting TheJerseyGirl:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Charizma77
by Carissa on Nov. 30, 2013 at 9:38 PM

We dont,I've thought about it but think its something I would do at first and the forget. My kids have mentioned it but then never brought it up again... Just don't think it's something we will do...but it's fun hearing about the fun others are having with it :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)