Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

My mom told me..

Posted by on Nov. 30, 2013 at 10:58 AM
  • 21 Replies
6 moms liked this

Yesterday my mom and I were talking and she told me how impressed she was with Ashton this thanksgiving. Some holidays are overwhelming for him but he really was on his best behavior... happy, ate good, had some conversations, played nicely... It is really nice when others notice it. I was very encouraged.  Ashton is 9 and we have had many difficult holidays over the years so that is why I am sharing, so I can remember this post if Christmas is not so easy ;)

by on Nov. 30, 2013 at 10:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
dawncs
by Dawn on Nov. 30, 2013 at 11:03 AM

Awesome! I am happy you and your family had an awesome Thanksgiving! I am happy Ashton is doing really great now. It shows how much hard work pays off in the end.

Dawn
Cookbook Writer and Internet Resource Research Writer
Check out my books at: http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/dawnlucan

Charizma77
by Carissa on Nov. 30, 2013 at 12:39 PM

Thank you for the kind words!

Quoting dawncs:

Awesome! I am happy you and your family had an awesome Thanksgiving! I am happy Ashton is doing really great now. It shows how much hard work pays off in the end.

SamMom912
by Gold Member on Nov. 30, 2013 at 1:34 PM

Thats great! Wht do you think was involved in his success? 

It is nice when people notice! Good they understand things arent always easy for him... And this time, he managed well! Thats great! Really great! 

Charizma77
by Carissa on Nov. 30, 2013 at 1:41 PM
1 mom liked this

Thanks! My parents are really good with Ashton so that always helps but he is unpredictable...like we could do the exact same thing tomorrow that we did Thursday and he could have a difficult time...always stumps us and his therapists. I think he got good sleep, felt good and his anxiety was low and I believe his anxiety is the biggest challenge we are currently facing. I'm high anxiety as well and I was in a calm mood too so I'm sure that helped him..something I'm working on as well...

Quoting SamMom912:

Thats great! Wht do you think was involved in his success? 

It is nice when people notice! Good they understand things arent always easy for him... And this time, he managed well! Thats great! Really great! 

NiyasMom1
by Bronze Member on Nov. 30, 2013 at 2:18 PM
1 mom liked this
It's great that he's making progress and that it was noticed is just an added bonus. I've learned to take it one day at a time and to not be too disappointed if things don't work out after those moments of progress. So enjoy the moment!!!! I hope that Christmas is just as pleasant for you all. :-)
Linda733
by on Nov. 30, 2013 at 2:21 PM
1 mom liked this

That's terrific!! It's so nice to read posts like this...hugs 

emarin77
by Silver Member on Nov. 30, 2013 at 2:54 PM
1 mom liked this

I agree. My parents always congratulate us how well our son, Antonio is doing at home and in school.

Momof4AEMW
by Gold Member on Nov. 30, 2013 at 3:10 PM
1 mom liked this

That's awesome!

Charizma77
by Carissa on Nov. 30, 2013 at 3:12 PM

Same here although it took awhile I've learned to just take it one day at a time..

Quoting NiyasMom1:

It's great that he's making progress and that it was noticed is just an added bonus. I've learned to take it one day at a time and to not be too disappointed if things don't work out after those moments of progress. So enjoy the moment!!!! I hope that Christmas is just as pleasant for you all. :-)

Charizma77
by Carissa on Nov. 30, 2013 at 3:14 PM
1 mom liked this

I try to write down the positives so when we are having a very frustrating day I can look back and read the good stuff and remember there is hope :)

Quoting Linda733:

That's terrific!! It's so nice to read posts like this...hugs 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)