Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

so depressing.... (ETA)

Posted by on Nov. 30, 2013 at 6:34 PM
  • 27 Replies
1 mom liked this

I know you ladies have all felt this way at one point or other in your lives.

I'm having one of those moments where the "disability" just slaps me in the face really hard. 

If it was a physical blow, I'd be bleeding and bruised. 

I just ordered diapers for my son that don't have the cute little pictures on them. These will fit him. And they will be a lot more comfortable for him. They are plain. (From a medical store) Until I can get his dr to write a script for them we are having to pay for them.

I placed the order and just when I clicked the send button, it hit me hard. 

How do you ladies deal with this? I know it's something that he needs... well we need. I know that he doesn't care. So why does it hit me this hard?

Any advice or suggestions appreciated. Even if it's a slap on the back of the head for being so silly with feeling this way. I just can't help it and don't understand why it is hitting me this hard.

You ladies rock! I really appreciate the words of encouragement, the support. You really helped me to get over this bump. I'm so glad that I found this group. You are there when I have joyful news to share and you are there when I feel like the above. You ladies are amazing women, and I'm honored and proud to know you. 

CafeMom Tickers
by on Nov. 30, 2013 at 6:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Basherte
by Silver Member on Nov. 30, 2013 at 6:40 PM

BUMP!

Bajanmama
by Member on Nov. 30, 2013 at 6:42 PM

Pull it together, momma. We all dream of what it would be like without autism. But it's there, a part of life and if the kid needs diapers then he bloody gets them. I took my kids out today with my parents and sometimes people stared at my 12-yr old holding his mom's hand while the younger ones didn't. And he made noises. But he was happy and so I didn't care. You do what needs to be done. You keep him safe and if he's happy then you've done great, momma. Hug yourself tight and know he is your special blessing because you're special too, and worthy of him, and you totally rock as his mom. Peace.

Basherte
by Silver Member on Nov. 30, 2013 at 6:46 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Bajanmama:

Pull it together, momma. We all dream of what it would be like without autism. But it's there, a part of life and if the kid needs diapers then he bloody gets them. I took my kids out today with my parents and sometimes people stared at my 12-yr old holding his mom's hand while the younger ones didn't. And he made noises. But he was happy and so I didn't care. You do what needs to be done. You keep him safe and if he's happy then you've done great, momma. Hug yourself tight and know he is your special blessing because you're special too, and worthy of him, and you totally rock as his mom. Peace.

Thank you so much. It made me cry harder, but for a different reason.

Thank you.

CafeMom Tickers
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Nov. 30, 2013 at 6:51 PM
4 moms liked this

We are all entitled to have days like you've had or moments like that.  I have them myself at times.  I just have to stop, let myself cry or grieve, and then pick up and move on.  We are only human and we are SO strong for our kids that we just need moments to "give in" to our feelings of sadness.  There is no such thing as snapping out of it or sucking it up...not in my book.  We live the lives we live for a reason....for our children.  But we are human, and we are entitled to have moments where we just cry it out...then we pick up and move on like it never happened.  That's what special needs moms do.  Hugs!

Basherte
by Silver Member on Nov. 30, 2013 at 6:59 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting darbyakeep45:

We are all entitled to have days like you've had or moments like that.  I have them myself at times.  I just have to stop, let myself cry or grieve, and then pick up and move on.  We are only human and we are SO strong for our kids that we just need moments to "give in" to our feelings of sadness.  There is no such thing as snapping out of it or sucking it up...not in my book.  We live the lives we live for a reason....for our children.  But we are human, and we are entitled to have moments where we just cry it out...then we pick up and move on like it never happened.  That's what special needs moms do.  Hugs!

*hugs*

I've had moments before where it "hits" me, but none this strongly.

Maybe it's because the new diapers don't have the cute little things on them. *giggles* It's really silly, honestly as my son has never paid attention to that. Doesn't care what's on his diapers. Doesn't care what the fruit snacks look like, he just eats them.

He just cares what it feels like against him, and if it's comfortable.

*giggles* He just had his pillow clutched against his chest and "fell" on the couch. He uses a pillow as a blanket. He's so silly, and adorable. 

Today is the first day that he has felt like himself. He was sick. Really bad cold. Today he's eaten like normal..ugh... I mean like he typically does. Has played a lot today. (he was sleeping a lot and not playing at all)

Tuckered both me and his daddy out today playing. 

OH.. I got my period today too. (duh me. *facepalm*)

CafeMom Tickers
kajira
by Emma on Nov. 30, 2013 at 7:17 PM

I don't know what to say. I do know my son still has accidents at almost 10 and while he's not in diapers... I could easily be in your shoes.

I think that if you need to cry, cry, then when your done getting it out of your system, go play a game with him or an activity he enjoys and remind yourself why he's worth it.

Basherte
by Silver Member on Nov. 30, 2013 at 7:55 PM

Quoting kajira:

I don't know what to say. I do know my son still has accidents at almost 10 and while he's not in diapers... I could easily be in your shoes.

I think that if you need to cry, cry, then when your done getting it out of your system, go play a game with him or an activity he enjoys and remind yourself why he's worth it.

All I have to do is look at him, and I know why he's worth it. 

In a few minutes here, I will be changing that diaper, and tickling him, then taking him up to bed for the night.

He likes to cuddle as well. I love those moments. 

CafeMom Tickers
kajira
by Emma on Nov. 30, 2013 at 7:57 PM

Good.

Considering I cried over a talking dragon the day before thankgsiving, i'm not one to talk about emotional stability atm.... but I know how awesome your kid usually is to you and now that even in the moments when it strikes us how hard it is, the good usually out weighs the bad.

Does he like bedtime stories?

Quoting Basherte:

Quoting kajira:

All I have to do is look at him, and I know why he's worth it. 

In a few minutes here, I will be changing that diaper, and tickling him, then taking him up to bed for the night.

He likes to cuddle as well. I love those moments. 

wildchild.com
by Janine on Nov. 30, 2013 at 9:33 PM
1 mom liked this
Hugs mama we all feel this way sometimes (((big hugs)))
mypbandj
by Jen on Nov. 30, 2013 at 9:39 PM
Hugs! I think we all have times we feel this way. We're here for you. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN