Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

Overnight trip update :)

Posted by on Dec. 2, 2013 at 6:09 AM
  • 10 Replies

YAHOOOOOO! My son got off the bus with a huge smile on his face and boy was he one tired cookie.  It is only 8pm and he is zonked out upstairs . . . His teacher was ever so impressed with him as he pretty much did what everyone else was doing without any prompts or nudges or encouragement from anyone.  And this morning he stood in front of 100 eager school kids and announced the beginning of the walk rally and said his little spiel and WOWZA, how cool is that? He got into a bit of a tussle with a classmate just before getting on the bus to come back to school, but to be fair everyone was overtired and the situation was ripe for something to happen with someone.  Just happend to be my kid but I don't care.  I mean I do, but I am so gosh darned proud of him for going and participating and goodness gracious me, he actually had a good time! Woo-hoo!

The fourth graders have tomorrow off and I was hoping to take him to Legoland or someplace fun like that but he said he just wanted to stay home and chill out.  And so we shall.  I am so jazzed and proud of my kiddo! Anyhoo, just wanted to share the good news!

by on Dec. 2, 2013 at 6:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Dec. 2, 2013 at 6:13 AM

This is great mama...I know you're mega proud!

JTMOM422
by Brenda on Dec. 2, 2013 at 8:51 AM

Way to go. Sounds like he had a blast. I am so glad to hear that it all went well and that he enjoyed his overnight

Charizma77
by Carissa on Dec. 2, 2013 at 9:46 AM

I am so glad to hear it went well! Thanks for updating us! 

BDSMI
by on Dec. 2, 2013 at 12:22 PM

awesome thanks for the update :)

jowen905
by Jan on Dec. 2, 2013 at 3:02 PM

That's great news, I can imagine how proud and excited for him that you are.  If feels sooo good, doesn't it!  Good job, little guy!

CaptNumo9
by on Dec. 2, 2013 at 4:19 PM

Wonderful! What a great kid! I love that you understand the reasons kids do things. What a great mom!!!

Jenibob
by Bronze Member on Dec. 2, 2013 at 9:28 PM

Outstanding!  Enjoy every second of this proud accomplishment!  Our kids can do this and your son just proved it!   Be proud Mom!!!!! You deserve it!  Thanks for sharing the good news;)

SnortysMom
by Cathleen on Dec. 3, 2013 at 2:15 AM

Awesome news!

good

TheJerseyGirl
by Michele on Dec. 3, 2013 at 6:04 AM

I'm so glad it all went well!

You live near Legoland? OMG, my oldest would have died and gone to Heaven if we could've taken him there when he was young!

Ajisai43
by Bronze Member on Dec. 3, 2013 at 6:57 AM

Wow! That kid of mine slept 11 hours straight, practically unheard of! And we did indeed take it easy today as planned  and he still looks wiped out ;)

Oh, well, the Legoland here in Japan is nothing like the one in southern CA but I think he will enjoy himself at this one - whenever we make it over to that part of Tokyo.

Anyhoo, yes, it is great that he had a good time and thanks to all of you for cheering us on! It is nice to share little (BIG) things like that with people who really get what a big deal it is.  Love this group!!! :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN