Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

Im sad.

Posted by on Dec. 2, 2013 at 6:05 PM
  • 18 Replies

sad that things are so hard for Sam. 

Sad that he has difficulty regulating his emotions. He blew up at school today at a kid for bumping into him. With his sensory defesniveness Im sure it felt like an assault, but, UGH.. He just freaks OUT! And then cant calm himself down. 

After he does calm down, he is usually in a bad mood... And much like everyone else in a bad mood, things set him off easier... And he "leaks" anger... Grumbles, eye rolls, refusals on tasks that are slightly difficult.. Cause he is already "done". 

I HATE that all this is SO hard for him. It just makes me sad. 

He is my only child. I enjoy seeing him happy. giggley. 

He woke up singing on Friday (when there was no demand for school, or holiday) he was sooo happy to have "a day" .... Sigh... I wish he could be that more often... 

All this stress on him and on me.. Its just exhausting. Im tired of always getting emails, phone calls texts from school. Im tired of reading book after book, seeing Dr after Dr. 

Im not THIS strong... Why does HE think I am? 

by on Dec. 2, 2013 at 6:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
wildchild.com
by Janine on Dec. 2, 2013 at 6:25 PM
Hugs mama I hear ya...its been like that with my son this year. He used to be a model student & now I'm constantly hearing about what he's doing or not doing Hes fine at home but for some reason hes acting out at school...sigh it's exhausting...
NiyasMom1
by Bronze Member on Dec. 2, 2013 at 6:39 PM
Hugs!!! It's just one of those days that we all have. My dad would always say, "the toughest battles are given to the strongest soldiers" and I remember thinking that I must be a General. Feel better momma, tomorrow's a new day and we're never given any situation that we're not equipped to handle.
Maxsmommy123
by Jamie on Dec. 2, 2013 at 7:01 PM
Oh you are too strong!!!!! And your his whole world 😊
Sorry you are having a bad day.

They say our journey turns mama bears into rock solid grizzlies and you my friend are a rock solid grizzly!!!
Latina_Star
by on Dec. 2, 2013 at 7:36 PM

*hugs* I know this feeling all too well. The way you describe Sam is like if you were describing my John... i get those emails/ calls too I sometimes break down but then I put on my brave face and tackle. I feel like i have no choice BUT to be strong because if i dont who will? Dont get me wrong I have DH's support but since hes gone most of the day and night im the one that takes care of the children and our home.

Nickmom1118
by Nicole on Dec. 2, 2013 at 8:25 PM
So sry that today was so hard. You are a great mom and tomorrow is another day. Try to get some me time tonight to recharge.
Krissyc75
by Kristin on Dec. 2, 2013 at 8:49 PM

So Sorry your havinf a bad day:( As parents we want to always see our kids happy and when something happens out of our control we want to make them feel better. Hang in there, your a strong lady:) You have given me great advice and you've at this a lot longerthan me, your entitled to be sad sometimes. Smile:) Tomorrows a new day!

Jodee24
by Member on Dec. 2, 2013 at 8:49 PM
Hugs momma!! Thanksgiving was awful for my Jocelyn. Meltdowns and head banging ALL day. I hid in the bathroom crying bc I wanted her to have fun like the rest of the kids. 😢
HippoCat
by Hadley on Dec. 2, 2013 at 9:01 PM
2 moms liked this

I'm sorry your sad. Sometimes it's really hard and it can especially seem hard during the holidays. Lots if expectations and desires and that don't get met. You are VERY strong. You always think of creative things to do with Sam. You are always very understanding of him and try to think if ways you can make a situation easier on him. Maybe you need a break. A break from reading books and focusing on him. Maybe give yourself a week to just let things be and relax. I know it's much easier said than done, but maybe you do need a day at the spa. You said before that your husband would be all for it, so go for it. Have a day, have a week to just try and focus on you more. Take a nap, watch TV, read a good novel, try to find a sitter so you can spend some time with your husband. I find when my needs get met more it is easier to see my son in a different light.

SamMom912
by Gold Member on Dec. 2, 2013 at 9:06 PM

Funny, this weekend Im heading upstate to visit my college roomate and bestie.. We are going for massages and facials... And shopping and dinner, :) 

my sad is a few days early.. (Hummm, oddly enough with my period, go figure, hormonally out of whack)... And it is good to know I am getting this break this weekend. 

Quoting HippoCat:

I'm sorry your sad. Sometimes it's really hard and it can especially seem hard during the holidays. Lots if expectations and desires and that don't get met. You are VERY strong. You always think of creative things to do with Sam. You are always very understanding of him and try to think if ways you can make a situation easier on him. Maybe you need a break. A break from reading books and focusing on him. Maybe give yourself a week to just let things be and relax. I know it's much easier said than done, but maybe you do need a day at the spa. You said before that your husband would be all for it, so go for it. Have a day, have a week to just try and focus on you more. Take a nap, watch TV, read a good novel, try to find a sitter so you can spend some time with your husband. I find when my needs get met more it is easier to see my son in a different light.

HippoCat
by Hadley on Dec. 2, 2013 at 9:08 PM

I'm really happy your getting a break. Hormones, holidays, anticipation of some fun- no wonder you are sad! I hope you have a REALLY good time!

Quoting SamMom912:

Funny, this weekend Im heading upstate to visit my college roomate and bestie.. We are going for massages and facials... And shopping and dinner, :) 

my sad is a few days early.. (Hummm, oddly enough with my period, go figure, hormonally out of whack)... And it is good to know I am getting this break this weekend. 

Quoting HippoCat:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN