Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

Bungee cords are not toys...found out the hard way

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2013 at 5:32 PM
  • 6 Replies

I should have known better but...I got caught up in the moment ...my son, Noah was playing with a bungee cord, connecting them to his toys and dragging them around the living room past 2 days and yesterday morning he had one end of the bungee cord hooked to his big tonka dumptruck and asked me to pull him back and forth...me not thinking of the danger ....starting pulling him back and forth and he was having a blast  till he grabbed onto the couch and the bungee cord came off the truck and snapped back at me hitting my right thumb...the pain was instant..immediately my thumb was turning black and blue including my nail and as the day went on swelled up and throbbed and was numb at the tip...after 12 hours I decided to get it checked out and get an x-ray and sure enough, I have a small fracture of the thumb...lesson learned...bungee cord is put away and will not be played with anymore. I just thank God that it had not hit him and that is wasnt more serious...just wanted to post in case any moms out there let there kiddos play with bungee cords..know the danger

by on Dec. 3, 2013 at 5:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
BDSMI
by on Dec. 3, 2013 at 7:34 PM

owwww hope it heals soon. 

SamMom912
by Gold Member on Dec. 3, 2013 at 8:08 PM

Yeouch! Thanks... Ill learn my lesson from you.. Not the hard way. 

Feel better soon! Thumbs up! 

luvnoah10
by Member on Dec. 3, 2013 at 8:24 PM

Thanks! You don't realize how how much you use your thumb in a day until you can't use it...

MunchiesMom324
by Member on Dec. 3, 2013 at 9:02 PM
This makes me thankful that ds's obsession is pine needles. Very thankful. Feel better soon!
Maxsmommy123
by Jamie on Dec. 3, 2013 at 10:56 PM
Oh dear!!!!! Sorry!! Making a mental note of that one!
Hottubgodess
by Jackie on Dec. 4, 2013 at 2:00 PM

Glad it was you, and only your thumb.  My concern was always about the hooks taking out an eye.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)