Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

Christmas gifts for ASD kids...

Posted by on Dec. 6, 2013 at 11:16 PM
  • 28 Replies
1 mom liked this

My son it's not that much into toys, what toys do you think it's best to buy so it can get his attention??

by on Dec. 6, 2013 at 11:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
HippoCat
by Hadley on Dec. 6, 2013 at 11:31 PM
2 moms liked this

I'm thinking of doing more sensory stuff this year than toys. Like more sensory bins, climbing stuff, a bar to hang on. Last year my mom got my son a mini trampoline and it is the most loved toy in our house.

mypbandj
by Jen on Dec. 7, 2013 at 12:09 AM
2 moms liked this
Liam is getting a mini trampoline this year. :)

I can't wait!

Quoting HippoCat:

I'm thinking of doing more sensory stuff this year than toys. Like more sensory bins, climbing stuff, a bar to hang on. Last year my mom got my son a mini trampoline and it is the most loved toy in our house.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HippoCat
by Hadley on Dec. 7, 2013 at 12:12 AM
2 moms liked this

You won't regret it! We got one with a bar and now Xander twirls around that thing like a star gymnast! 

Quoting mypbandj: Liam is getting a mini trampoline this year. :)

I can't wait!

Quoting HippoCat:

TheJerseyGirl
by Michele on Dec. 7, 2013 at 6:24 AM
3 moms liked this
emily123380
by Member on Dec. 7, 2013 at 8:16 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting HippoCat:

That's a good idea... My son loves to climb but other than that I think he'll be afraid to jump in the trampoline... We bought him a motorcycle for his birthday he likes it but he's scared to go in I have tried to put him there and he starts crying :( .... Thank you for your ideas :)

emily123380
by Member on Dec. 7, 2013 at 8:17 AM

Quoting TheJerseyGirl:

I just posted this gift guide from Toys r Us...hope it helps!

http://weeklyad.toysrus.com/ToysRUs/BrowseByPage/Index/?StoreID=2561280&PromotionID=90459&PromotionViewMode=2

Thank you that has good ideas too :) 

mypbandj
by Jen on Dec. 7, 2013 at 8:48 AM
Yes! It has a bar too. I heard its a pain to put together though.
Quoting HippoCat:

You won't regret it! We got one with a bar and now Xander twirls around that thing like a star gymnast! 

Quoting mypbandj: Liam is getting a mini trampoline this year. :)

I can't wait!

Quoting HippoCat:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
princess_1983
by Bronze Member on Dec. 7, 2013 at 8:56 AM
1 mom liked this

I got my son Disney Infinity for the X-Box 360 and a Lego set

mariat2
by Maria on Dec. 7, 2013 at 10:48 AM
1 mom liked this
Sometimes it can b hard to choose.He isn't really interested in spiderman or batman like his cousins so I tell my sisters to buy him something electronic or Mario.
Krissyc75
by Kristin on Dec. 7, 2013 at 11:07 AM
1 mom liked this

We have a trampoline and Reid loves it, also he loves swings...We spend a lot of time outdoors here in Arizona so the trampoline and swings can be used year round. For indoors,I do sensory stations like puzzles, sewing cards or blocks and playdough. Happy Holidays!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)