Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

Yay for the good still in the world!

Posted by on Dec. 10, 2013 at 6:51 PM
  • 13 Replies
5 moms liked this

I've been waiting all day for my daughter's Christmas present to show up by UPS today. I know they deliver til 8 pm sometimes now so I wasn't worried yet, just waiting. Well, someone just knocked at the door and the man and woman were there and said "we had this delivered to our house but we think it goes to your house instead." I said Yes, it's my daughter's trampoline! Thank you so much!!!

They could have kept it and no one would have known what happened to it, you know. It's so awesome to experience such a wonderful gesture these days.  Sorry, just had to share my joy today. Now I can set up my daughter's trampoline! (It is her big Christmas gift from us but I'm setting it up now so she can get her energy out during these cold days!) 

by on Dec. 10, 2013 at 6:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Krissyc75
by Kristin on Dec. 10, 2013 at 8:44 PM

Thats awesome!! She will love it!! my kiddos play in it all the time and in the summer I put a sprinkler next to it pointing at the trampoline and they have a ball:)

JennaPBug
by Bronze Member on Dec. 10, 2013 at 8:47 PM

How nice of them :-). My mom had a $400 blender delivered a few houses down from her on accident but I don't think those neighbors would of been so kind...luckly she noticed it before they got home lol

SamMom912
by Gold Member on Dec. 10, 2013 at 9:03 PM

Such fun! I really hope she loves her trampoline, :) so glad the people returned it. There are good people in the world. :) 

samomama
by Sally on Dec. 10, 2013 at 9:59 PM

Yeap, things like this give me hope.

I am glade the trampoline made it home! :)

Jenibob
by Bronze Member on Dec. 10, 2013 at 10:56 PM

Good news!  I love to be pleasantly surprised by the goodness that does exist in the world!  Hope your daughter enjoys bouncing all around, it was a favorite in our house too!

TheJerseyGirl
by Michele on Dec. 11, 2013 at 6:38 AM

That's awesome! Is she going to love that!

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Dec. 11, 2013 at 7:21 AM

That's great!

AspieAuntie
by on Dec. 11, 2013 at 12:32 PM

That seems like a no-brainer to me because where I live the numbering on the houses is pretty confusing so we sometimes get other people's deliveries and we always pass them along to their rightful owners. But that it surprises you makes me realize that not everyone does that, so I'm really glad you stumbled across the couple in your neighborhood that would! I hope your daughter loves her trampoline! 

lucasmadre
by Kari on Dec. 11, 2013 at 5:47 PM

Kind fo restores your faith in human nature huh???

princess_1983
by Bronze Member on Dec. 11, 2013 at 6:25 PM

That is great! Not a lot of people would have retuned it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN