Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you buy/make gifts for therapists?

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2013 at 3:56 PM
  • 8 Replies

Will you be getting anything for your child's therapists this year? What about teachers?  Ashton has 1 autism support teacher, 2 mainstream teachers (one is for science but its his favorite class) and 3 aids in his support class. He has speech, OT and PT at school and outpatient speech and OT and aquatic therapy. He has 2 behavioral therapists (the BSC and his TSS)... So we decided to make them ornaments using crayon pieces and small glass ornaments (put the pieces in the ornament and blow dry them) Hubby and Ashton are making them right now and they are looking great. I am going to put them in a bag with some holiday Hersey kisses and tie them with a bow. His main teacher for his autism class is also getting a giftcard to Starbucks (this is his 4th year with her). My dd's class is all pitching in and getting her teacher giftcards but she wants to make her an ornament as well. Oh and we are making one for Ashton's van driver and a few church teachers as well. Glad my hubby is enjoying making them and good at it because we have a lot of people we are giving them to. Other years we've baked things but this is something that Ashton can help wth :)

by on Dec. 14, 2013 at 3:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Dec. 14, 2013 at 4:40 PM
1 mom liked this

How fun!  I usually bake goodies and put them in decorative tins for Brady's teachers/therapists.  He has 4 teachers and 2 therapists at school, and 4 therapists outside of school...that's a lot to buy for!  This year, I'm only doing for his main teacher and his outside therapists...he hasn't been to school in almost a month and his main teacher is coming to see him next week:)

Momof4AEMW
by Silver Member on Dec. 14, 2013 at 4:53 PM

Those sound fun.  Have any pics?  How do you get the crayon pieces small, just knife cut a crayon?

Charizma77
by Carissa on Dec. 14, 2013 at 6:47 PM

We usually do baked goodies but trying something new this year...hope it works out or next year we'll go back to baked goodies :)

Quoting darbyakeep45:

How fun!  I usually bake goodies and put them in decorative tins for Brady's teachers/therapists.  He has 4 teachers and 2 therapists at school, and 4 therapists outside of school...that's a lot to buy for!  This year, I'm only doing for his main teacher and his outside therapists...he hasn't been to school in almost a month and his main teacher is coming to see him next week:)

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Dec. 14, 2013 at 6:47 PM
1 mom liked this

Good luck!

Quoting Charizma77:

We usually do baked goodies but trying something new this year...hope it works out or next year we'll go back to baked goodies :)

Quoting darbyakeep45:

Charizma77
by Carissa on Dec. 14, 2013 at 6:49 PM

I'll take some pics when they are done. I found it on pinterest and they saidto use the large glass ornaments but it was cheaper to buy 2 packs of the smaller ornaments and quicker to make as well. We have a ton of broken crayons so we just peeled the crayons and my hubby cut them up into small prieces. Hubby tried making a black and gold one but we found out that black does not work..so we are sticking to Christmas colors and other soft colors. Ashton lost interest pretty quick but my 7 yo dd and hubby are having a good time..lol

Quoting Momof4AEMW:

Those sound fun.  Have any pics?  How do you get the crayon pieces small, just knife cut a crayon?

Charizma77
by Carissa on Dec. 14, 2013 at 7:01 PM

I think that's really sweet she is coming to visit him.  I bet he will enjoy that :)

Quoting darbyakeep45:

mypbandj
by Jen on Dec. 15, 2013 at 12:59 AM
I did not do anything this year. But one of the families I serve gave me a card and a Yankee candle. It was a huge one! She told me that she got it at a Black Friday sale: 6 giant Yankee candles for $10. WOW! That is a deal!! Wish I saw that one myself.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JTMOM422
by Brenda on Dec. 15, 2013 at 5:06 PM

We have 1 teacher 2 aides an ABA tutor a st and ot. I bought little items. I bought yankee candle sets and I am going to split them up. Some chocolates, candle holders, and little nail kits. All in all for all 6 ladies I spent a total of about $30. I didn't think that way all that bad. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)