Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

UPDATE: Hand foot and mouth exposure. Oh joy.

Posted by on Dec. 15, 2013 at 12:07 AM
  • 15 Replies
Well he's got it!!! 103 fever and sores are starting :(

We went and had dinner with friends tonight. They have 4 kids and it went surprisingly well. But then she called 10 mins upon us getting home and said she was sorry but she thought her youngest had a rash from an allergy until she discovered her son had the same rash and that she thought it was hand foot and mouth. She went and checked across the street and the little guy she babysits has it.

I'm worried naturally because last time Max had a sore throat he emilinated important foods from his already limited diet. Blisters in the mouth?!?! :(

Hoping he stays HFM free this Christmas as symptoms don't usually appear for 3-7 days and last 7-10.

I know it's not the worst thing that could happen but I'm hoping he kept the wrong things out of his mouth tonight.
by on Dec. 15, 2013 at 12:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mypbandj
by Jen on Dec. 15, 2013 at 12:53 AM
Oh no! That sounds awful. Crossing my fingers it stays away. What's the incubation period?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jtsmommy11
by on Dec. 15, 2013 at 12:55 AM
That stuff is awful. i had never heard of it till a few months ago when my son got it. hope he doesn't catch it. its very gross
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Dec. 15, 2013 at 7:40 AM

Oh no!  I'm sorry mama...hope he stays healthy!

TheJerseyGirl
by Michele on Dec. 15, 2013 at 7:48 AM

Oh no! I've seen that and its ugly!!!

amonkeymom
by Amy on Dec. 15, 2013 at 1:35 PM

My daughter had that last year about this time.  She was 15 and only had it in her mouth but was so miserable.

I hope Max doesn't come down with it.

Nickmom1118
by Nicole on Dec. 15, 2013 at 1:48 PM
Hope he stays HFM free. I was working at a day care and got it on my hands. It was mild nd didnt get the blisters in my mouth. I was miserable. This was years ago.

Momof4AEMW
by Gold Member on Dec. 15, 2013 at 2:18 PM
1 mom liked this

My daughter had that a couple years ago, and it is no fun!!!  You can make a numbing solution of equal parts benadryl and Maalox, then just drop in a few little drops before eating or sleep time to kind of numb things up.  Helped a lot! 

JTMOM422
by Brenda on Dec. 15, 2013 at 5:44 PM

Oh my son had this about 2 years ago. It was horrible. He was only about 1 1/2 and I couldn't get him to eat or drink anything. All he did was scream all day and all night. There wasn't anything I could do to comfort him. I so hope our kiddo doesn't get it.

Maxsmommy123
by Jamie on Dec. 15, 2013 at 7:34 PM
3-6 days before symptoms set in, and 7-10 days of fever/blisters. :(

Quoting mypbandj: Oh no! That sounds awful. Crossing my fingers it stays away. What's the incubation period?
Maxsmommy123
by Jamie on Dec. 15, 2013 at 7:38 PM
Thanks everyone I am pretty worried. Last time he had strep he literally stopped eating everything in his diet and still won't eat those things, and this sounds much worse and we are running out of food options.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN