Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

I ordered some on Amazon, but the selection seemed limitted. I found this source:

http://easysocialstories.com/SocialStories.htm#stories

Where do you find social stories? I've heard some of you make social stories, how do you do that? Is there a website that helps?

Edit: I particularly need a social story on turn taking.

Thanks.

by on Dec. 16, 2013 at 11:37 AM
Replies (21-27):
mypbandj
by Jen on Dec. 17, 2013 at 8:57 PM
It's just one ending that a specific book does. After all the monkeys go to sleep, the mama goes to jump on her bed!

Quoting samomama:

:) I didn't even know that was the ending of the story. Funny.

Quoting mypbandj:

LOL!

I know! What is up with the mama jumping on the bed anyway? I never understood that. 

Quoting indyrunner:

I have used the "5 little monkeys jumping on the bed" story as a social story for not following naughty behavior that he  sees from his brother/other kids at preschool.  I skip the last page where the mama jumps on the bed.  Ripped that page right out.   ha ha.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
-BeautifulRose-
by on Dec. 17, 2013 at 9:51 PM
1 mom liked this
You can find templates for PowerPoint and customize them

http://www.autismspeaks.org/family-services/office-forms-stories
Jenibob
by Bronze Member on Dec. 17, 2013 at 10:11 PM

The Carole Gray book is a great one to start with.  We use simple stick figures because I'm no artist.  They can be in the form of a book or comic strip.  Whatever you think your child would like best. 

There are some good books out there about turn taking,

samomama
by Sally on Dec. 17, 2013 at 11:49 PM
1 mom liked this

LOL. Mama probbaly agrees that ijumping on the bed is fun, but does not want to show that to the little monkeys.

Quoting mypbandj: It's just one ending that a specific book does. After all the monkeys go to sleep, the mama goes to jump on her bed!

Quoting samomama:

:) I didn't even know that was the ending of the story. Funny.

Quoting mypbandj:

LOL!

I know! What is up with the mama jumping on the bed anyway? I never understood that. 

Quoting indyrunner:

I have used the "5 little monkeys jumping on the bed" story as a social story for not following naughty behavior that he  sees from his brother/other kids at preschool.  I skip the last page where the mama jumps on the bed.  Ripped that page right out.   ha ha.

samomama
by Sally on Dec. 17, 2013 at 11:50 PM

I looked at that book on Amazon and it is on my wish list. I will try to find it in a library first. Thank you!

Quoting Jenibob:

The Carole Gray book is a great one to start with.  We use simple stick figures because I'm no artist.  They can be in the form of a book or comic strip.  Whatever you think your child would like best. 

There are some good books out there about turn taking,

Jaimielorai
by Bronze Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 7:28 AM

I have ABA's that create or provide them let me email and I will see what I can get for you

heathers5500
by Bronze Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 9:41 AM
I bought The New Social Story Book by Carol Grey. It has a DVD in it with stories that you can customze.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)