Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

My son has been on the Gluten-free, Dairy-free diet for a few months now and I must say it has made such a huge improvement in his overall behavior. He's like a different person. He'll be starting pre-K soon where he'll receive several different therapies, so things could only get better. The other day he stayed the night over at his grandparents' house and they accidently let him eat regular crackers and I knew something was up when he had a major outburst that he hasn't had in such a long time. Just proves things as small as a diet change can make a difference. I remember thinking things wouldn't get better, but they really do! Keep your heads up mommas J

by on Dec. 16, 2013 at 12:51 PM
Replies (11-16):
Charizma77
by Carissa on Dec. 17, 2013 at 9:35 PM
1 mom liked this

That's wonderful!

emily123380
by Member on Dec. 17, 2013 at 10:44 PM
1 mom liked this
That's great... We just started df diet and in January were going gf too he has had a good change only going df so hopefully he'll do better when we go gf...
princess_1983
by Bronze Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 9:20 AM
1 mom liked this

I try to keep my son as gluten and dairy free as possible also.

CarrieGemenon19
by Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 2:43 PM

I would love to get P on a GF & DF diet!

Krissyc75
by Kristin on Dec. 18, 2013 at 8:45 PM
1 mom liked this

I firmly believe in this diet plan for my son. he has drastically improved his vocabulary its calmed him and I also do B12 liquid supplement omega 3's and a probotic. Im so glad to hea its working for you:)

karene999
by Karen on Dec. 18, 2013 at 8:57 PM

Glad that it worked for you....We tried it for about 6 months, but we never saw any changes. We still do partially only because in the long run it is cheaper for my to make things myself.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)