Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

Need to talk to someone

Posted by on Dec. 17, 2013 at 8:14 PM
  • 26 Replies

Mobile Photo

Hello, my name is Celeste and I have a 3 year old daughter named Jaelynn. She is being evaluated for autism. She was seen by a psychologist and diagnosed with a speech problem but on his report it says she has low autism but it's not severe enough to get the diagnosis. This upsets me because I just want my daughter to get all the help she can get! Lim going to court to appeal the psychologists diagnosis. I'm very nervous.
by on Dec. 17, 2013 at 8:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lady_katie
by Silver Member on Dec. 17, 2013 at 8:45 PM

Welcome to the group! 

You're right, a diagnosis will likely help her to get more services. Why not just get a 2nd opinion from a different doctor? 

wildchild.com
by Janine on Dec. 17, 2013 at 8:59 PM
Hello & welcome...I agree with lady kate a 2nd opinion might help.
Charizma77
by Carissa on Dec. 17, 2013 at 9:29 PM
1 mom liked this

Welcome to the group. I agree with the other ladies. Getting a dx will get you ore services. Hugs!

Charizma77
by Carissa on Dec. 17, 2013 at 9:30 PM

Oh and she is beautiful :)

JaelynnsMommy94
by on Dec. 17, 2013 at 9:40 PM
I have tried but my insurance says there's nobody she can see :/

Quoting lady_katie:

Welcome to the group! 

You're right, a diagnosis will likely help her to get more services. Why not just get a 2nd opinion from a different doctor? 

JaelynnsMommy94
by on Dec. 17, 2013 at 9:40 PM
Thank you :)

Quoting Charizma77:

Oh and she is beautiful :)

lady_katie
by Silver Member on Dec. 17, 2013 at 10:14 PM

Oh man. Did you ask them about developmental pediatricians? 

We had issues with insurance, and we ended up traveling 2 hours to a neighboring city to see a developmental pediatrician (who had a reasonable waiting list time) that our insurance would cover. 

Quoting JaelynnsMommy94: I have tried but my insurance says there's nobody she can see :/

Quoting lady_katie:

Welcome to the group! 

JaelynnsMommy94
by on Dec. 17, 2013 at 11:07 PM
1 mom liked this
Oh really? I'm going to look into that, thank you! :)

Quoting lady_katie:

Oh man. Did you ask them about developmental pediatricians? 

We had issues with insurance, and we ended up traveling 2 hours to a neighboring city to see a developmental pediatrician (who had a reasonable waiting list time) that our insurance would cover. 

Quoting JaelynnsMommy94: I have tried but my insurance says there's nobody she can see :/

Quoting lady_katie:

Welcome to the group! 

ineedcoffeemom
by Brittaney on Dec. 17, 2013 at 11:38 PM

She is sooooo pretty! Welcome to the group and hope you find a doctor that will help.

mypbandj
by Jen on Dec. 17, 2013 at 11:44 PM
Welcome! It took me 3 doctors to get a Dx. Try to see a developmental pediatrician or a neuropsychologist.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)