Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

For the love of Pete Craptoon Network, you stink!

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2013 at 10:27 AM
  • 12 Replies

Just as a recap, Sam had off for icestorm last Monday, snow day last tuesday, Sat, we had a storm and were stuck home all day, and yesterday, another storm and stuck in all day.. This morning, a 2 hour delay at school... 

Yesterday he was watching TV and saw that Tom and Jerry The Nutcracker would be on Tv at 9 last night. He realized he would not be watching a TV show at that hour of the night, he is 7... But we agreed to DVR it. So, I did... 

This morning, we found out anout the 2 hour delay and at 8:30 Sam asks if he can watch it. SURE.. Its an hour, PERFECT! 

Except, Cartoon Network decided NOT to air it.. And it was an hour of adventure time and some other cartoon network show... 

Well... Ladies... Do our kids always understand that EVEN though the TV said, and the DVR said TOM AND JERRY... But Adventure time kept coming on? NOOOO they dont get it... And he tried and tried UNTIL he was in tears because his show didnt tape..not that it didnt tape.. But Cartoon network didnt play it... So, NO, it wasnt MY fault... 

I tried to get it off netflicks to no avail, and Itube wouldnt download it... So, after 30 minutes of trying to fix the problem, I had had enough and even I needed a time out I was so frustrated and fed up.

ugh! He is on www.coolmath now enjoying some games.. But what a crappy way to start our day! 

by on Dec. 18, 2013 at 10:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mypbandj
by Jen on Dec. 18, 2013 at 10:35 AM

My son loves Tom & Jerry too and sometimes the dvr doesn't always tape things the way we think it should (or the networds mess stuff up) and it does throw him into a fit.

I'm sorry that happend. How frustrating. Can you get it from the video store? Dh just brought home Tom and Jerry and the Wizard of Oz. It was cute.

dawncs
by Dawn on Dec. 18, 2013 at 10:41 AM

I would be disgusted and complaining about the switch. They should know that little kids look forward to these shows when advertised and to switch them makes for some upset children and their parents.

Dawn
Innovative Cookbook Writer and Internet Resource Research Writer
Check out my books at: http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/dawnlucan

Jenibob
by Bronze Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 11:10 AM

Your post titled snagged me!  You should work for an advertising company:

Disney channel changes their morning lineup sometimes and that throws our house into a vacuum too.  

Glad to hear it didn't ruin his whole day and he moved on to something else:)

AMom29
by Bronze Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 11:17 AM

Are you sure it wasn't on Boomerang?  Cartoon Network is more the newer, edgy craptoons.

itsy1
by Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 1:50 PM
Poor you and him! Meltdowns are no fun.

My son who's now 10 has done that to me over T & J too.

Hope you can find it somewhere for him.
lady-J-Rock
by Bronze Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 2:53 PM
Awe man that sucks.
karene999
by Karen on Dec. 18, 2013 at 8:59 PM

http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Jerry-A-Nutcracker-Tale/dp/B000S6LP50

TheJerseyGirl
by Michele on Dec. 19, 2013 at 4:58 AM

That reminds me of how certain shows come on at certain times and D always knew when that would be and wait for it. Then out of nowhere they'd change the scheduling or cancel a show!! Poor Sam!

TheJerseyGirl
by Michele on Dec. 19, 2013 at 4:59 AM

Did you see all the T & J dvd's at Walmart? They even have collections and they are so cheap!

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Dec. 19, 2013 at 5:16 AM

Sorry mama!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)