Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

Does your child with ASD believe in Santa?

Posted by on Dec. 19, 2013 at 1:55 PM
Amy
  • 27 Replies

Colin believed until about 2 years ago (he's almost 13 now).

If your child no longer believes, how old was s/he when they stopped believing?

by on Dec. 19, 2013 at 1:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
N.Carter2001
by Bronze Member on Dec. 19, 2013 at 3:43 PM
3 moms liked this

Im not really sure what Jacob thinks about santa. He is 5 years old. He cant talk that good yet. But soo cute last night he watching paw patrol and santa was in it. He look around to find me. Then he pointing at tv saying sa.   1st time he has ever been excited. Cant wait for weekend to take boys to go see him.

samomama
by Sally on Dec. 19, 2013 at 4:01 PM

I was going to ask the same question. Thanks for posting :)

DS is alsmost 2.5 and not diagnosed, but I sure believe he is on the spectrum. He recognizes Santa in pictures, but doesn't show any excitement around it. He doesn't care. 

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Dec. 19, 2013 at 4:21 PM

My son doesn't understand:)  

wildchild.com
by Janine on Dec. 19, 2013 at 4:43 PM
2 moms liked this
My son does & I'm so happy he finally gets it! We went to a santa parade & for first ever he was excited to watch & see the parade. I almost started crying because I was so happy! He's 8...
Genie2
by Member on Dec. 19, 2013 at 5:40 PM
1 mom liked this

My son is 7 and doesn't even come close to comperhending the idea of Santa.  I wish he did.  I remember the magic like feeling that some so extrodinary would do something for all the kids around the world(if they were good).  I remember the excitment of the stocking filled with goodies from Santa.  There was always one present from "Santa" under the tree for me.  I wish I could give my son this feeling, but he has severe Autism.  I still put one present under the tree labled FROM: Santa.  I just feel like it should be there.

Ashanti22
by Member on Dec. 19, 2013 at 7:29 PM
My ds kind of does he's 4
Nickmom1118
by Nicole on Dec. 19, 2013 at 7:41 PM
1 mom liked this
This is the first year. He is 4. He knows Santa brings him presents but doesn't understand that he has to be good part.
BaBeezandMe
by Member on Dec. 19, 2013 at 7:42 PM

my 9 year old twins believe

AnnaNonamus
by Bronze Member on Dec. 19, 2013 at 7:43 PM

No. But she did believe longer than the other kids. She will be 12 next week, and I do have to remind her (often) that younger kids DO, and that we do not talk about "the secret" in front of them. 

mandy_2536
by Member on Dec. 19, 2013 at 7:43 PM
1 mom liked this
This first year Lilly is getting really happy about Christmas which make her little brother happy too
Their six and three
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)