Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

What are you doing this weekend?

Posted by on Dec. 19, 2013 at 4:34 PM
  • 48 Replies

Fun festitivities since Christmas is coming up this week?  

by on Dec. 19, 2013 at 4:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
wildchild.com
by Janine on Dec. 19, 2013 at 4:50 PM
We are going to nana & papas which is right down the street. Our whole family will be there.I'm very excited I haven't seen my brothers since the summer. We'll do a yankee swap & have dinner. What are you guys up to?
Momof4AEMW
by Gold Member on Dec. 19, 2013 at 5:31 PM

Anything last minute that still needs done - some wrapping, baking, shopping, seeing Santa I hope or I am the worst mom ever!  Sunday is my son's Christmas program, he is Joseph (tallest boy in the group so looks most like a 'man').

But ice storm is predicted tonight so will probably mean no school tomorrow, which means an extra day with the kids home and less time to get things done withough them!  I did finally hand off my teacher/aid gifts so that decision is finally off my plate. 

jowen905
by Jan on Dec. 19, 2013 at 6:58 PM

Really not much, I'm happy to say.  Just a few last minute holiday errands.  How is Brady feeling?

amonkeymom
by Amy on Dec. 19, 2013 at 8:34 PM

I'm working on Saturday and then Sunday the kids and I are meeting a friend for lunch and then picking up one of my DD's friend's who will be spending the holiday with us.

Nickmom1118
by Nicole on Dec. 19, 2013 at 9:07 PM

Our weekend is going to be busy. Tomorrow, I am picking my 14 yr old up from school. Then I let them go to a little store and pick DH and I out something for Christmas. I always enjoy doing this with 14 yr old. Nicolas is going to be hard with this. He doesn't fully understand getting someone a gift and waiting until Christmas. I'm not sure exactly how to explain it better either. I have some planning to do for this. Then we are getting Nick hair cut. He hasn't had a hair cut since July. I was trying to grow it a little long, but it is really thick. So, I think it needs a small trim.

Saturday, DH wants us all to go shopping. We have a couple of things to get for each other. (we weren't going to do that this year, but Nicolas has it in his head that Santa gets for everyone in the house. I can't explain that it is just for him and 14 yr old.) So we are going to get a couple things. Then we are going to my MIL so that the kids can get their Christmas gifts because we wont be seeing them on Christmas. I might drive to 34th street in the city to see the christmas lights, if it is nice outside.

Sunday will be our relaxing day. I will probably work with Nicolas to help him wrap the gifts we got.

I am done wrapping and things like that, but I do need to get some cleaning done this weekend.

AnnaNonamus
by Bronze Member on Dec. 19, 2013 at 9:11 PM

We did our Christmas parties last weekend- we're about a 90 minute drive from my family, and from DH's- in different directions. We started out at 8, but because of snow, it was after 10 when we arrived at my dad's house. Then, we left there at noon to go to my mom's house. Left there by 2, then it's a 90 minute drive Northeast to DH's family's house. We left there by 7, and it's a 90 minute drive south to get home. BUT, in past years, making multiple trips over several weekends was just too much. So, 1 day and it's all done.

This weekend, my Aspie and I are wrapping gifts for a local charity on Saturday, and then we'll probably do some baking over the weekend.

philipmommy4834
by Bronze Member on Dec. 19, 2013 at 9:26 PM

I am going away to the Great Wolf Lodge. My son is so excited!

Charizma77
by Carissa on Dec. 19, 2013 at 9:34 PM

Tomorrow my hubby is going to our  church youth group  (6th-12th grade) Christmas party and kids and I were invited but all 3 kids have been wound up so I'm thinking an evening in is what they need. Saturday is our Unhindered service for special needs families and friends and we are having a Carols and Cookies night which should be a lot of fun. Sunday the usual...church and football... 

Charizma77
by Carissa on Dec. 19, 2013 at 9:36 PM

We love the Great Wolf Lodge!

Quoting philipmommy4834:

I am going away to the Great Wolf Lodge. My son is so excited!

Jenibob
by Bronze Member on Dec. 19, 2013 at 10:30 PM

Wrapping and shopping.  Ready or not, it's almost here!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)