Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

Do you have any goals for your child in 2014?

Posted by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 2:05 PM
Amy
  • 23 Replies

We're going gluten-free in 2014 to see if it helps any with Colin's symptoms.  

What are you doing different?

by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 2:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kjlmommy
by Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 2:19 PM

Potty training!  I'm terrified, I feel like I don't have enough time to really commit to it, and frankly, I don't want to because potty training my girl was stressful and awful and I hated it, but he turns 4 tomorrow, and it is beyond time.  I just hope we can do it!

HippoCat
by Hadley on Dec. 30, 2013 at 2:19 PM
1 mom liked this

Going gluten free here as well! Good luck. Have you read "Nourishing Hope"? I just bought it, but it hasn't arrived yet. I think it's going to be a very big help. I also have found a ton of other resources if you are interested.

ineedcoffeemom
by Brittaney on Dec. 30, 2013 at 2:26 PM
1 mom liked this

We're also going to try gluten-free ...... but it won't happen til about March when we move into our first house. No way I can change our diet and find a house at the same time!

amonkeymom
by Amy on Dec. 30, 2013 at 2:39 PM

You can do it!  And, I will confess, my boys (even my son with autism) were MUCH easier to train than my daughter was!

Quoting kjlmommy:

Potty training!  I'm terrified, I feel like I don't have enough time to really commit to it, and frankly, I don't want to because potty training my girl was stressful and awful and I hated it, but he turns 4 tomorrow, and it is beyond time.  I just hope we can do it!

amonkeymom
by Amy on Dec. 30, 2013 at 2:40 PM

I haven't, but I'll check to see if it's available for Nook.  I was thinking about buying a Gluten-Free cookbook as well.

Quoting HippoCat:

Going gluten free here as well! Good luck. Have you read "Nourishing Hope"? I just bought it, but it hasn't arrived yet. I think it's going to be a very big help. I also have found a ton of other resources if you are interested.

amonkeymom
by Amy on Dec. 30, 2013 at 2:41 PM

I don't blame you!  That's why we decided to wait until after the New Year ourselves, just too much crazy going on to try to change our diet.

Quoting ineedcoffeemom:

We're also going to try gluten-free ...... but it won't happen til about March when we move into our first house. No way I can change our diet and find a house at the same time!

Momof4AEMW
by Gold Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 3:47 PM

Same goal I have for my kids every year - that they are happy, healthy, and feel loved.  The rest will come when it comes. 

mypbandj
by Jen on Dec. 30, 2013 at 4:33 PM

school is working on helping him with eye contact and answering to his name. So that and being able to increase his language and speech sounds would be my goal for my 3 yr old. 

For my 16 yr old aspie, I want him to get straight As in school and take the ACT (and hopefully do well). 

Jenibob
by Bronze Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 5:44 PM

Good luck going gluten free, anxious to hear how it goes! Our goal is helping transition to middle school smoothly and maintain friends. Our short term goal is to master multiplication facts!  

Owl_Feather
by Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 5:50 PM

well my personal goal is to do more yoga and adapt a more vegetarian lifestyle. DS is a very picky eater and if I can find some really good recipes, maybe he will be more open-minded to trying new things. He isnt a fan if red meat to begin with so that's pretty cool

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)