Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Did you see that Pharrell Williams has synesthesia?

Posted by on Jan. 1, 2014 at 7:33 AM
  • 4 Replies

I know some of our kids have synesthesia, interesting to see what someone can do with it...

He has an interview on NPR that is out there on the net if anyone wants to hear it.

by on Jan. 1, 2014 at 7:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
TheJerseyGirl
by Michele on Jan. 1, 2014 at 8:09 AM

I don't know who that is!

patnic
by Bronze Member on Jan. 1, 2014 at 9:21 PM

What is Synesthesia?

Synesthesia is a perceptual condition of mixed sensations: a stimulus in one sensory modality (e.g., hearing) involuntarily elicits a sensation/experience in another modality (e.g. vision). Likewise, perception of a form (e.g., a letter) may induce an unusual perception in the same modality (e.g. a color)

For example,  numbers can be seen as colors or in Pharrell's case, he "sees sound".  Daniel Tammet, who is autistic, and I think has a higher IQ than Einstein also has synesthesia.  He sees numbers much differently than we do.  For example, he doesn't care how the number 6 looks like in his brain.

Quoting TheJerseyGirl:

I don't know who that is!

JTMOM422
by Brenda on Jan. 2, 2014 at 10:19 AM

So I didn't know what this was so went further down to see what others had said and saw your explanation. My son has an obsessive addiction to numbers and letters. He is only 3 almost 4 but has started spelling words. I wonder if this is something he could possibly have.

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jan. 2, 2014 at 10:24 AM

I had never heard of that before...thanks for sharing!  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)