Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

Are your kids ready to go back to school?

Posted by on Jan. 1, 2014 at 8:31 AM
  • 44 Replies

D isn't...because he got the flusadI got it first...then my husband, then D. My older two may be next. I have had it, honestly. I've been sick 5 days now.

Anyway, no school for D until Monday maybe? He was so upset his vacation went this way...I feel so bad!

Are your kids ready? Did the length of the vacation ruin their routine or do you think they'll pick right up where they left off?

by on Jan. 1, 2014 at 8:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Nickmom1118
by Nicole on Jan. 1, 2014 at 8:53 AM
So sry that you all have been sick. Hope everyone feels better.

Nick is so excited. I told him this morning that tomorrow he goes to school. :) he kept saying, I get on bus!

I do think it has messed up his routine though. But he only goes to school tomorrow and then he is off till Monday. He just started getting used to being home all day 2 days ago. Now his busy schedule will start back up next week. I don't think it will take too long though.
MistyMoo
by Bronze Member on Jan. 1, 2014 at 8:56 AM
1 mom liked this
Yeah, he's ready. He's pretty good about getting back into routine.
Momof4AEMW
by Gold Member on Jan. 1, 2014 at 9:12 AM

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  My son has been counting down ever since Christmas to go back to his beloved teacher.  Each day he asks if he can go, I say no, and he's like awwww with a little whine!  The other 3 would probably be fine staying home but little guy is ready!

Sorry your household is sick.  With my luck that will happen tomorrow as we're ready to go back and I'm ready for some peace and quiet! 

SamMom912
by Gold Member on Jan. 1, 2014 at 9:23 AM

Ugh, dreading telling Sam he has to go back.. Lol.. He KNOWS since on the calendar school days are white/ holidays are green, weekends are beige... But... 

He has off until Monday 1/6.. So, I dont have to break the news until, saturday that he only has 1 more day off... 

Hes been a bear tonight,, (neighbors 2 houses over were setting off firworks til after midnight... So, he and hubby (lucky me) are grumpy today. LOL

SamMom912
by Gold Member on Jan. 1, 2014 at 9:24 AM

I hope EVERYONE in your hosue feels better soon!!!!!!! 

jennymoon4
by Bronze Member on Jan. 1, 2014 at 11:47 AM
My kids may not be excited to go back to school, but I can't wait! They don't start until 1/13 - too much time off with not enough scheduled activities means sibling bickering is at an all time high. My daughter, the child I have with ASD, misses the structure, but I doubt she'll be happy to return to her poor school placement. Hoping 2014 results in her school needs being closer to met...
wildchild.com
by Janine on Jan. 1, 2014 at 12:11 PM
Awe I'm sorry your all sick. I know how you feel my son welcomed the new year in with a stomach bug.We we're up last night til 2am. Today we're resting & drinking alot of fluids. Tomorrow is his first day back & I'm not sure if he'll be ready. On Friday we're getting a huge snow storm. So my son might not make back til Monday too. Thank god for christmas presents. He got an ipad from nana & papa & loves it.
samomama
by Sally on Jan. 1, 2014 at 12:14 PM

I am sorry you're sick :( So sad your guy spent the break sick.

DS is going to daycare tomorrow. He doesn't seem excited, he actually prefers to stay at home, but will have to. I hope it goes well...

Jenibob
by Bronze Member on Jan. 1, 2014 at 1:42 PM

My son says he's ready to go back, I think it's for the routine. When I try to practice multiplication cards he says to wait until monday night. So I think he enjoys the break but likes his routine.

TheLadyAmalthea
by Bronze Member on Jan. 1, 2014 at 2:14 PM

No, my kids aren't ready. They don't go back until the 7th... I'm ready for them to go back though! These breaks from school don't bother my son at all, which is nice. He would much rather be home playing with his trains and cars from Christmas! Sorry to hear your child got sick :( It's always rough when it happens on a holiday or vacation.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN