Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

into the rabbit hole...

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2014 at 12:08 AM
  • 7 Replies
3 moms liked this
I call the world my son lives in, his own "wonderland". And I LOVE going down the "rabbit hole" to his world. I play games with him that make no sense, dress miss matching if he does, etc. Im not sure where my son is on the autistic spectrum, we haven't gotten that far but i know he's not what some people would call the poster child for autism. I just wish at times people wouldn't look at him like he's diseased. They stare, make comments, point, etc. I embrace my sons differences cause to me he's perfect. Its rough but I wouldn't change it for anything.

by on Jan. 2, 2014 at 12:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
HippoCat
by Hadley on Jan. 2, 2014 at 12:52 AM
1 mom liked this

This is beautiful.

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jan. 2, 2014 at 6:51 AM

Welcome and hugs mama!

jowen905
by Jan on Jan. 2, 2014 at 9:58 AM

You have a wonderful attitude!

JTMOM422
by Brenda on Jan. 2, 2014 at 10:17 AM
3 moms liked this

This is awesome momma. I love how you and your son share his wonderland. It makes me feel a warm sensation in my heart. I love parents who join in their kiddos lives. 

I remember once we were in Target and my son was quacking like a duck really loud. These people were giving him dirty looks. So I began to quack loudly with him. My dd and my husband started quacking too. I know people thought we were crazy but you know what. It was a blast. We joined our son in a way that he was comfortable and the outside world didn't matter.

-BeautifulRose-
by on Jan. 2, 2014 at 9:14 PM
1 mom liked this
That is awesome! I too try my best to join my son in his own world. We laugh at absolutely nothing, sing tunes to made up songs, and make sounds that no one would understand. It is during those times that my son looks into my eyes and laughs and smiles. It is during those times that he will hold my face and lean in to give me Eskimo kisses. It is during those times that he knows I understand him. I wouldn't trade any of that for anything in this world <3
luvnoah10
by Member on Jan. 2, 2014 at 9:54 PM

My son likes to do  his own thing too even if he gets stared at...when we go to walmart he uses those cardboard boxes that can veggies come in and pretend they are ice skates and will slide through the isles while holding onto my cart...I'm sure people are looking at him strange but I let him do his thing as long as he doesn't get in anyones way. Can't say I've ever done it lol but he sure is having fun...

JTMOM422
by Brenda on Jan. 2, 2014 at 10:20 PM

This sounds like fun. I would let my kids do this too 

Quoting luvnoah10:

My son likes to do  his own thing too even if he gets stared at...when we go to walmart he uses those cardboard boxes that can veggies come in and pretend they are ice skates and will slide through the isles while holding onto my cart...I'm sure people are looking at him strange but I let him do his thing as long as he doesn't get in anyones way. Can't say I've ever done it lol but he sure is having fun...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)