Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cooped Up!

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2014 at 12:52 PM
  • 15 Replies

Is anyone else cooped up in the snow?  I am afraid to drive anywhere and I can't wait until my hubby gets home.  I still have 4 hours to get through.  They were just off of school for so long and now off again.  I would be happy if it never snowed again!  Its hard to keep my son occupied for so many hours. 

So what's everyone doing this weekend?  Tomorrow is my son's fifth birthday party at a bouncey place.

by on Jan. 3, 2014 at 12:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Nickmom1118
by Nicole on Jan. 3, 2014 at 1:06 PM
Yes. We are in the same boat. They went to school yesterday and closed today.

I wish we could get out to go to bouncy place. Maybe that will be something we might try tomorrow. :)
JTMOM422
by Brenda on Jan. 3, 2014 at 1:06 PM

Not cooped up here. Wish we got more snow. Rarely get it here in Tn. I know what you mean feeling cooped up. Today is dragging by so slowly. Too cold to take the kiddos out but they are bouncing off the walls UGH!

wildchild.com
by Janine on Jan. 3, 2014 at 1:07 PM
I hear ya. We're snowed in too. Its been rough but we're getting through it.
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jan. 3, 2014 at 1:56 PM

No snow here but staying inside as it's mega cold outsite!!!

mypbandj
by Jen on Jan. 3, 2014 at 2:16 PM

We are not snowed in but it is cold out. And I hate the cold!

We've had company for about two weeks, I feel like its been a two week long weekend. (not complaining!)

So I don't know what we're doing this weekend. I think I need to use it to prepare for the real world again next week.

lady_katie
by Silver Member on Jan. 3, 2014 at 2:40 PM

We live in a snowy region, so we're not any more snowed in than usual (we have about 10"-12" at the moment), which is not to suggest that I plan on going anywhere. I think it's about 4 degree's outside, so no thank you. I left the house twice in the last two weeks, and both times were just to run to the store, so I'm definitely feeling cooped up. There's just not anywhere that's really worth going in the winter time. I could walk laps around the mall with my son, which is a snore fest, or we could try to set a new record on how long he can stay quiet in the library (about a minute lol). Even though it's boring, I think we'd both rather just stay home :/ Can't wait for school next week!! 

SnortysMom
by Cathleen on Jan. 3, 2014 at 7:28 PM

No snow here (thank goodness!). I don't think I'd survive anywhere where it snowed as bad as it does sometimes in the northeast. 

I love my mild weather too much. lol

Momof4AEMW
by Silver Member on Jan. 3, 2014 at 8:08 PM

Yes, cooped up in wads of snow and negative temperatures.  We are not going out.  Some small towns around already called off school for Monday as it is expected to be 50 below?  Really?  That sounds exaggerated, but school's cancelled.  Our larger town has not called off yet, but if temps really hit -50 they sure will be.  I hope they are wrong, and that the furnace keeps working!!!

Jenibob
by Bronze Member on Jan. 3, 2014 at 8:15 PM

Yep, cabin fever is starting. Kids bicker over computer time, no one wants to play board games at the same time. My son will shovel snow but the last two days he isn't helpful. I'm exhausted from holidays too. I think we are all just tired  and crabby. Will take two weeks to get back on track.

Bleddynt
by Member on Jan. 3, 2014 at 8:30 PM
Happy Birthday to your son! The bounce place is awesome! I know my daughter loves it. We went to the circus and they had a bounce house for before, intermission, and after and I think that was my daughters favorite part of the circus lol (maybe tied for first).

I know the cooped up feel, but sorry Im not in the snow. Hope his birthday goes great!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)