Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

JennyMcCarthy's son never had autism

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2014 at 7:06 PM
  • 34 Replies
http://graneyandthepig.wordpress.com/2010/02/27/jenny-mccarthy-my-bad-turns-out-my-kid-doesnt-have-autism/

This would be why you shouldn’t receive your medical advice from Playboy centerfolds. For YEARS, Jenny McCarthy has been the most vocal anti-vaccine spokesperson in the world. McCarthy had claimed (despite all evidence to the contrary) that childhood vaccines had caused her young son’s autism.

Now in a stunning article in Time magazine, it’s revealed that McCarthy’s son NEVER had autism in the first place. It turns out the boy had been misdiagnosed and really has a rare neurological disorder. Fortunately, the child is getting better and no longer displays any signs of autism. However, McCarthy has not apologized for her misdirected zealotry against having children vaccinated. Even if she did, APOLOGY NOT ACCEPTED.

How many thousands and thousands of children have developed childhood diseases because their idiot mothers saw Jenny McCarthy on Oprah or some other show and refused to get them vaccinated? We’ll never know. What IS known is the CDC literally called McCarthy “a menace to public health.”
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 3, 2014 at 7:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JTMOM422
by Brenda on Jan. 3, 2014 at 7:09 PM

I found this out last year. I can't believe the stores still carry her books. I found one on a book shelf the other day and just thought to myself "I hope nobody buys this" 

Jenn8604
by Jennifer on Jan. 3, 2014 at 7:10 PM
I've been telling everyone for awhile. No one has believed it.

Quoting JTMOM422:

I found this out last year. I can't believe the stores still carry her books. I found one on a book shelf the other day and just thought to myself "I hope nobody buys this" 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SnortysMom
by Cathleen on Jan. 3, 2014 at 7:17 PM
3 moms liked this

I had heard about this a while back. I don't care much for her. When DS was first diagnosed with autism, friends would tell me to "check out Jenny McCarthy's books". Um yeah, no thanks. 

JTMOM422
by Brenda on Jan. 3, 2014 at 7:24 PM
1 mom liked this

I believe it was a post about her before and you or someone else commented on her son not having autism. I went and read the article in Time magazine and found out it was true he never had it

Quoting Jenn8604: I've been telling everyone for awhile. No one has believed it.

Quoting JTMOM422:

mypbandj
by Jen on Jan. 3, 2014 at 9:10 PM
1 mom liked this
I just saw this on Facebook.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
princess_1983
by Bronze Member on Jan. 3, 2014 at 9:13 PM

I liked the first book she wrote. 

RandiBear
by New Member on Jan. 3, 2014 at 9:16 PM
4 moms liked this

Why does this not surprise me? I mean, it's not like it's really her fault...if he was misdiagnosed. I mean, it wasn't an intentional "my kid has this" when she knew he didn't...but her crap with the vaccines...yea...

ineedcoffeemom
by Brittaney on Jan. 3, 2014 at 9:43 PM

I did too.

Quoting princess_1983:

I liked the first book she wrote. 

AMom29
by Bronze Member on Jan. 3, 2014 at 9:47 PM

The articles linked on that blog are from 2010, but I didn't see them until today.

Here's one of those links:  http://hollywoodlife.com/2010/02/26/jenny-mccarthy-says-her-son-evan-never-had-autism/

mustbeGRACE
by Member on Jan. 3, 2014 at 9:51 PM

That gets complicated.

If one's child now fxns as to appear "normal", what might they do to lose the label for their kid?

Lose it for a lifetime?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)