Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

Houston ASD mom

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2014 at 9:51 PM
  • 12 Replies
First time here. I find it hard. That everyone has "normal" children and stare at me with two kids on the spectrum. Like what's wrong with us.
by on Jan. 3, 2014 at 9:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ineedcoffeemom
by Brittaney on Jan. 3, 2014 at 10:07 PM
1 mom liked this

I've heard there's a really good school in Houston for autism. The Monarch school I believe. I live in Dallas and I currently don't know anyone else around with a child with autism. I'm sure I will though when my dd gets older. She's only 2 1/2 so she's not in school yet.

JTMOM422
by Brenda on Jan. 3, 2014 at 10:11 PM
1 mom liked this

Welcome to the group momma. My name is Brenda. I have a 5 year old girl NT and a 3 almost 4 year old son ASD. There is nothing wrong with you guys or the rest of us. People are unaccepting of different but that is their problem not ours. We have just as much right to do things and be places. In the beginning when my son had meltdowns in public I was so embarrassed. I have anxiety so you can imagine what a shopping trip was like for me. Well I got to the point I said "SCREW IT' I have enough to deal with when my son was having a meltdown that I could care less what others thought or said. Don't get me wrong. I have given people the " I dare you to say something" look. I hope that you enjoy this group. It's a great place to chat, learn and vent. yes we all have those days LOL

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jan. 4, 2014 at 5:26 AM

Hugs mama...we've all been there!  Welcome!

amonkeymom
by Amy on Jan. 4, 2014 at 3:07 PM
1 mom liked this

That's so frustrating, especially since WE know there is nothing wrong with us or our children!

Glad you're here.

TheJerseyGirl
by Michele on Jan. 4, 2014 at 5:56 PM
Welcome to the group, mama!
bere-houstonmom
by on Jan. 6, 2014 at 6:33 PM
Thanks

Quoting TheJerseyGirl: Welcome to the group, mama!
jowen905
by Jan on Jan. 6, 2014 at 6:45 PM

Welcome to the group!  Yes, it can be hard when others seem to be comparing your children to their so-called "normal children with normal behavior".  But you are certainly not alone here in this group.  We all have issues to deal with, and this is a great group of moms to share concerns with, to vent to and get helpful information and support from!

Krissyc75
by Kristin on Jan. 6, 2014 at 9:19 PM

Welcome to the group!! the ladies here are awesome! Hugs!

bere-houstonmom
by on Jan. 10, 2014 at 8:52 PM
Thank you ladies. :-D glad to have responses. Makes me feel better.
TheJerseyGirl
by Michele on Jan. 10, 2014 at 8:57 PM

That's why I wish all of us lived near each other. There would never be any staring and we'd all have plenty to talk about! I don't have anyone around me that I feel I can really talk to about my son. But happy you found the group! I love it here!

Quoting bere-houstonmom: Thanks

Quoting TheJerseyGirl: Welcome to the group, mama!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN