Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

Horrifying treatment caught on camera

Posted by   + Show Post
Replies (11-20):
JTMOM422
by Brenda on Jan. 4, 2014 at 7:50 PM

I use my sister if I need someone to watch my kids. I just couldn't imagine coming home and finding a bruise and him not being able to tell me what has happened

Quoting NiyasMom1: I turned down respite also. DH and I both agree that we would rather keep her with us or our older children. I quit work to stay home with her because physical and sexual abuse is an unfortunate reality for many of our children.

JTMOM422
by Brenda on Jan. 4, 2014 at 7:53 PM

OMG I can't believe that they would do that to any child. I worked in childcare for 8 years and if we had a child that wouldn't use silverware we would help them. If it was respite daycare (special saturday care not our normal everyday kids) then we allowed the child to eat the way they were use to. During respite we would ask our parents to bring in special cups or binkys that the kids used that would make them comfortable. I don't blame you for being a SAHM with your son being treated that way

Quoting Basherte:

I am lucky that the last time he was being neglected he "told" us by throwing fits, and acting like he was sick  (well getting so upset that he would puke, which meant he couldn't go to the day care).

They weren't giving him any food and had a cup that he didn't like to use and insisting on him using that cup or nothing at all. He was there from a little after 6am til a little after 5 pm. That is way too freaking long to go without food. (they wouldn't let him use his fingers to eat and wouldn't help him use a utensil either) 

Needless to say I'm now a SAHM and I take care of him.

JTMOM422
by Brenda on Jan. 4, 2014 at 7:54 PM
1 mom liked this

I hope he gets a long jail sentence

Quoting wildchild.com: That's just disgusting! He better get fired & jail time!

JTMOM422
by Brenda on Jan. 4, 2014 at 7:56 PM

I know what you mean. Some people feel they can treat non verbal people anyway they want cause they can't talk to tell on them. It's one of the reasons when I worked in daycare I was happy that our rooms were video taped. That way if a parent questioned anything then we had film to go back on

Quoting TheJerseyGirl: That's so sickening. If it were just done random person it would be one thing, but a THERAPIST working with AUTISTIC children? I sometimes can't stomach the evil in this world I swear.

JTMOM422
by Brenda on Jan. 4, 2014 at 7:57 PM

I know the parents have to feel that it's partly their fault. But this was suppose to be a trusted person who worked with kids

Quoting Connie04:

Oh, that poor little guy!  He is just so adorable!  How could anyone do that to a child??  I feel so bad for that mother; that would be so heartbreaking to know you've left your child in that monster's "care".  I hope the family can find a really good therapist for him.

JTMOM422
by Brenda on Jan. 4, 2014 at 7:58 PM

I know. It broke my heart. 

Quoting darbyakeep45:

That makes my heart hurt....that poor little boy.

ineedcoffeemom
by Brittaney on Jan. 4, 2014 at 8:06 PM

So sad. It makes me worry about when my daughter goes to preschool because she's still completely nonverbal. I was actually talking to my husband earlier tonight about how I can at least go and observe the classroon or get an advocate to observe for me ...... just so I can get an opportunity to see what goes on. 

I would like to get respite but I want to find a facility that's run like a daycare so there are cameras and I can feel more secure about it.

Krissyc75
by Kristin on Jan. 4, 2014 at 8:08 PM

This is downright disgusting and brought tears to my eyes to see how anyone can be so cruel to a innocent child. Just terrible!

JTMOM422
by Brenda on Jan. 4, 2014 at 8:09 PM

I know how you feel. I check my son out when I pick him up from special education preschool. I know the ladies there are good with him and I don't believe they would ever hurt him but you can never be sure. They have an observation room where I can watch my son so that makes me feel more comfortable.

As for respite, ours was suppose to be in our home. My son is verbal to an extent but not enough to describe anything. I gave up 28 hours of respite because I wanted to know that my son was safe.

Quoting ineedcoffeemom:

So sad. It makes me worry about when my daughter goes to preschool because she's still completely nonverbal. I was actually talking to my husband earlier tonight about how I can at least go and observe the classroon or get an advocate to observe for me ...... just so I can get an opportunity to see what goes on. 

I would like to get respite but I want to find a facility that's run like a daycare so there are cameras and I can feel more secure about it.

JTMOM422
by Brenda on Jan. 4, 2014 at 8:10 PM

I know how you are feeling. Just made me wonder how many other children he did this too

Quoting Krissyc75:

This is downright disgusting and brought tears to my eyes to see how anyone can be so cruel to a innocent child. Just terrible!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)