Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

Horrifying treatment caught on camera

Posted by   + Show Post
Replies (21-30):
MissTacoBell
by Bronze Member on Jan. 4, 2014 at 8:15 PM
That is sickening. I could never understand in home therapy where the child was alone with a single strange adult because they hold a certificate or degree. This is exactly why we don't trust anyone with the kids but ourselves.
JTMOM422
by Brenda on Jan. 4, 2014 at 8:23 PM

My son gets 2 hours of ABA therapy. I spend an hour with them and the other hour they spend alone. I have a monitor where I can hear everything that is going on during the session. 

Quoting MissTacoBell: That is sickening. I could never understand in home therapy where the child was alone with a single strange adult because they hold a certificate or degree. This is exactly why we don't trust anyone with the kids but ourselves.

MissTacoBell
by Bronze Member on Jan. 4, 2014 at 8:30 PM
That's the only way I could handle it. Things like this make you weary of anyone these days.

Quoting JTMOM422:

My son gets 2 hours of ABA therapy. I spend an hour with them and the other hour they spend alone. I have a monitor where I can hear everything that is going on during the session. 

Quoting MissTacoBell: That is sickening. I could never understand in home therapy where the child was alone with a single strange adult because they hold a certificate or degree. This is exactly why we don't trust anyone with the kids but ourselves.

JTMOM422
by Brenda on Jan. 4, 2014 at 8:43 PM

I know what you mean. It's scary

Quoting MissTacoBell: That's the only way I could handle it. Things like this make you weary of anyone these days.

Quoting JTMOM422:

Connie04
by on Jan. 4, 2014 at 9:29 PM

Exactly!  You would think they could trust a therapist.  It is so sad that there are people out there who choose to work with kids (i.e.babysitters, nannies, therapists) just so they can abuse them.

Quoting JTMOM422:

I know the parents have to feel that it's partly their fault. But this was suppose to be a trusted person who worked with kids

Quoting Connie04:

Oh, that poor little guy!  He is just so adorable!  How could anyone do that to a child??  I feel so bad for that mother; that would be so heartbreaking to know you've left your child in that monster's "care".  I hope the family can find a really good therapist for him.

Basherte
by Silver Member on Jan. 4, 2014 at 10:39 PM

The owner said that it was policy. The owner didn't like him having a therapist going there for him either. Plus the owner was not nice to him I heard her yell at him one day when the window was open. When I pulled him out they kept the diapers and wipes that I had sent over for him claiming that they had no more for him there. You don't go through over 100 wipes in a week for one child. But he is no longer there and he's happy. I even offered to buy a cup that he would use for them to keep there, and offered to give them drinks for him and I was told "no". I now tell everyone about that place so they know what to expect.

Quoting JTMOM422:

OMG I can't believe that they would do that to any child. I worked in childcare for 8 years and if we had a child that wouldn't use silverware we would help them. If it was respite daycare (special saturday care not our normal everyday kids) then we allowed the child to eat the way they were use to. During respite we would ask our parents to bring in special cups or binkys that the kids used that would make them comfortable. I don't blame you for being a SAHM with your son being treated that way

Quoting Basherte:

I am lucky that the last time he was being neglected he "told" us by throwing fits, and acting like he was sick  (well getting so upset that he would puke, which meant he couldn't go to the day care).

They weren't giving him any food and had a cup that he didn't like to use and insisting on him using that cup or nothing at all. He was there from a little after 6am til a little after 5 pm. That is way too freaking long to go without food. (they wouldn't let him use his fingers to eat and wouldn't help him use a utensil either) 

Needless to say I'm now a SAHM and I take care of him.

CafeMom Tickers
Basherte
by Silver Member on Jan. 4, 2014 at 10:40 PM

Yes,yes it is.

Quoting JTMOM422:

I agree that I play rough with my son but this is just plain abuse.

Quoting Basherte:

OMG

I throw my son on the couch, but he giggles, because I don't throw him to hurt him. I also bop him on the head with a pillow, same reason... he giggles... I don't swat him with it to hurt him. I lead my son by the hand or the arm, but never yank on him.

I would NEVER head butt him either.

This man needs to go away for a long time. 

CafeMom Tickers
.Bad.Wolf.
by Megan on Jan. 4, 2014 at 10:51 PM

Sometimes I wish I could send a tape recorder with my son. Or have a camera in his classroom. I don't know why.. Stories like this make me so uneasy.

JTMOM422
by Brenda on Jan. 5, 2014 at 10:24 AM

They are so dumb. i mean what in the world does keeping food and drink from a child prove. As far as I am concerned they were starving him. I would be telling everyone about them. Make sure no one sent their kids there

Quoting Basherte:

The owner said that it was policy. The owner didn't like him having a therapist going there for him either. Plus the owner was not nice to him I heard her yell at him one day when the window was open. When I pulled him out they kept the diapers and wipes that I had sent over for him claiming that they had no more for him there. You don't go through over 100 wipes in a week for one child. But he is no longer there and he's happy. I even offered to buy a cup that he would use for them to keep there, and offered to give them drinks for him and I was told "no". I now tell everyone about that place so they know what to expect.

Quoting JTMOM422:

OMG I can't believe that they would do that to any child. I worked in childcare for 8 years and if we had a child that wouldn't use silverware we would help them. If it was respite daycare (special saturday care not our normal everyday kids) then we allowed the child to eat the way they were use to. During respite we would ask our parents to bring in special cups or binkys that the kids used that would make them comfortable. I don't blame you for being a SAHM with your son being treated that way

Quoting Basherte:

I am lucky that the last time he was being neglected he "told" us by throwing fits, and acting like he was sick  (well getting so upset that he would puke, which meant he couldn't go to the day care).

They weren't giving him any food and had a cup that he didn't like to use and insisting on him using that cup or nothing at all. He was there from a little after 6am til a little after 5 pm. That is way too freaking long to go without food. (they wouldn't let him use his fingers to eat and wouldn't help him use a utensil either) 

Needless to say I'm now a SAHM and I take care of him.

JTMOM422
by Brenda on Jan. 5, 2014 at 10:25 AM

I know what you mean. You  trust these people with your kids and they treat them this way. It's horrifying to think any child is treated this way

Quoting .Bad.Wolf.:

Sometimes I wish I could send a tape recorder with my son. Or have a camera in his classroom. I don't know why.. Stories like this make me so uneasy.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)