Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

Horrifying treatment caught on camera

Posted by   + Show Post
Replies (31-40):
Basherte
by Silver Member on Jan. 5, 2014 at 10:51 AM

The worst part about it was that it was on a plate for him to eat, and they wouldn't let him use his fingers to eat it.  He used to use utensils. Before he turned 1. Then all of a sudden that stopped. Even if he does get messy while eating like that it takes like a minute tops to clean him up. Wipe his face down and then take him to the sink and wash his hands. No biggy right? 

I was is also an elitist. I'm in housing where I pay so much a month and the gov pays the rest. She found out where I live and all of a sudden the treatment went down a bit. She wasn't as excited to be having my son in her building. Maybe she should have thought of that before she bought the place. I mean I step outside of my front door and I can see her building and the parking lot. It took me like 2 minutes at most to walk there. With a child in tow.

ridiculous. Unfortunately I have and had no evidence to prove what I said or I would have called the police and everyone else I could call to get the place shut down.

Quoting JTMOM422:

They are so dumb. i mean what in the world does keeping food and drink from a child prove. As far as I am concerned they were starving him. I would be telling everyone about them. Make sure no one sent their kids there

Quoting Basherte:

The owner said that it was policy. The owner didn't like him having a therapist going there for him either. Plus the owner was not nice to him I heard her yell at him one day when the window was open. When I pulled him out they kept the diapers and wipes that I had sent over for him claiming that they had no more for him there. You don't go through over 100 wipes in a week for one child. But he is no longer there and he's happy. I even offered to buy a cup that he would use for them to keep there, and offered to give them drinks for him and I was told "no". I now tell everyone about that place so they know what to expect.

Quoting JTMOM422:

OMG I can't believe that they would do that to any child. I worked in childcare for 8 years and if we had a child that wouldn't use silverware we would help them. If it was respite daycare (special saturday care not our normal everyday kids) then we allowed the child to eat the way they were use to. During respite we would ask our parents to bring in special cups or binkys that the kids used that would make them comfortable. I don't blame you for being a SAHM with your son being treated that way

Quoting Basherte:

I am lucky that the last time he was being neglected he "told" us by throwing fits, and acting like he was sick  (well getting so upset that he would puke, which meant he couldn't go to the day care).

They weren't giving him any food and had a cup that he didn't like to use and insisting on him using that cup or nothing at all. He was there from a little after 6am til a little after 5 pm. That is way too freaking long to go without food. (they wouldn't let him use his fingers to eat and wouldn't help him use a utensil either) 

Needless to say I'm now a SAHM and I take care of him.

CafeMom Tickers
Serabeth06
by on Jan. 5, 2014 at 11:01 AM

That's terrible. There was a story a while back about a babysitter. The family started wondering about her when the family dog kept trying to attack her, and was being locked in the laundry room, so they put an ipad or phone under a couch cushion and recorded her beating the bejeesus out of their infant. ): People suck.

mypbandj
by Jen on Jan. 5, 2014 at 11:28 AM
It makes me sad that we keep seeing things like this happening over and over. It makes me more sad to know that it's most likely happening as we speak to many many other children; we just don't know about it because it hasn't been recorded. :(

My question is, if the parents were watching this real time, why did they not stop it immediately? I guess, the more abuse on tape will make a better case against him but still.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Gloria1025
by Bronze Member on Jan. 5, 2014 at 1:40 PM

Things like this happen, and then the child develops "behaviors" and gets labelled "aggressive".... and they wonder why??????  This makes me sick...

JTMOM422
by Brenda on Jan. 5, 2014 at 1:56 PM

Exactly. It's easier to point the finger at the child then to say maybe something else is going on

Quoting Gloria1025:

Things like this happen, and then the child develops "behaviors" and gets labelled "aggressive".... and they wonder why??????  This makes me sick...

JTMOM422
by Brenda on Jan. 5, 2014 at 1:57 PM

OMG. I hope she got a lot of jail time for this

Quoting Serabeth06:

That's terrible. There was a story a while back about a babysitter. The family started wondering about her when the family dog kept trying to attack her, and was being locked in the laundry room, so they put an ipad or phone under a couch cushion and recorded her beating the bejeesus out of their infant. ): People suck.

JTMOM422
by Brenda on Jan. 5, 2014 at 1:59 PM

I don't know why they didn't stop immediately. That's a good question. I just hope this child ends up with someone who trully wants to help him and give him the encouragement he really needs

Quoting mypbandj: It makes me sad that we keep seeing things like this happening over and over. It makes me more sad to know that it's most likely happening as we speak to many many other children; we just don't know about it because it hasn't been recorded. :(

My question is, if the parents were watching this real time, why did they not stop it immediately? I guess, the more abuse on tape will make a better case against him but still.

JTMOM422
by Brenda on Jan. 5, 2014 at 2:04 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't know why they didn't stop immediately. That's a good question. Too sit and watch it to continue to happen had to be hard to do but like you said maybe she wanted more proof.  I just hope this child ends up with someone who trully wants to help him and give him the encouragement he really needs

Quoting mypbandj: It makes me sad that we keep seeing things like this happening over and over. It makes me more sad to know that it's most likely happening as we speak to many many other children; we just don't know about it because it hasn't been recorded. :(

JorJorsMom
by on Jan. 5, 2014 at 2:14 PM

Wow.  That made me cry.  What a sick lunatic.  He doesn't recall assaulting the boy?  That therapist needs some intense therapy!  What a horrible story.  How can ppl be so sick to do things like that?  Very Disturbing.

JTMOM422
by Brenda on Jan. 5, 2014 at 2:18 PM

I know what you mean. I didn't see him studying on his computer when he was doing all this stuff

Quoting JorJorsMom:

Wow.  That made me cry.  What a sick lunatic.  He doesn't recall assaulting the boy?  That therapist needs some intense therapy!  What a horrible story.  How can ppl be so sick to do things like that?  Very Disturbing.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)