Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

Horrifying treatment caught on camera

Posted by   + Show Post
Replies (41-50):
JorJorsMom
by on Jan. 5, 2014 at 2:27 PM

That poor mother to have to watch that.  She was smart to do that to get evidence.  Better than me cause I would have gotten an assault charge.  :-(

Quoting JTMOM422:

I know what you mean. I didn't see him studying on his computer when he was doing all this stuff

Quoting JorJorsMom:

Wow.  That made me cry.  What a sick lunatic.  He doesn't recall assaulting the boy?  That therapist needs some intense therapy!  What a horrible story.  How can ppl be so sick to do things like that?  Very Disturbing.

elkmomma
by Member on Jan. 5, 2014 at 2:37 PM

clapping Applause for his parents; at least they were paying attention to him & his behaviors.

by Bronze Member on Jan. 5, 2014 at 3:04 PM
My daughter is verbal, but she isn't able to tell me what happened when she gets hurt or if she isn't feeling well. She would not be able to tell me if there was abuse going on :(. I do get respite care for my kids, but my oldest is 10 and tells me everything and would tell me if something happened and I schedule respite at the same time as aba, so there is always more than one adult watching over my kids. We have the option of using our respite person over night and I would never be comfortable with that.
JTMOM422
by Brenda on Jan. 5, 2014 at 3:24 PM

We were told respite was just for our son. I could not leave my dd home with him. They are not responsible for her. So I would have to get her a separate sitter or take her with me. So that was another reason I turned down respite

Quoting 03071012: My daughter is verbal, but she isn't able to tell me what happened when she gets hurt or if she isn't feeling well. She would not be able to tell me if there was abuse going on :(. I do get respite care for my kids, but my oldest is 10 and tells me everything and would tell me if something happened and I schedule respite at the same time as aba, so there is always more than one adult watching over my kids. We have the option of using our respite person over night and I would never be comfortable with that.

JTMOM422
by Brenda on Jan. 5, 2014 at 3:25 PM

It's a real good thing that they thought of recording the session. Otherwise it wouldn't have ever been known

Quoting elkmomma:

clapping Applause for his parents; at least they were paying attention to him & his behaviors.

SamMom912
by Gold Member on Jan. 5, 2014 at 3:57 PM

Wow... 

How horrid.

weve been lucky. All my sons providers were good with him. Patient, knowledgeable. They came to our house and I can see our family room from our kitchen,, so they had some privacy, but not that much. 

A GF of mine one time was downstairs in her house and the soeech therapist was on the couch in their loft area. She could hear the therapist talking... "Make an O with your mouth Jospeh.." "Stick your toungue out Joseph" and some other mouth exercises... Well, the therapist didnt know my friend had walked up the stairs, cause the therapist (6 months pregnant) was sitting on the couch in a room alone, and Joseph had wandered down the hall to a bedroom that was a playroom. The theapist was pretending to give a session... 

Friend called place immedicatly and requested new therapist... 

But thats the only idiot move I know of... :( 

mypbandj
by Jen on Jan. 5, 2014 at 4:42 PM
And why would you be studying while you're supposed to be delivering therapy at a clients home?!?!

Quoting JTMOM422:

I know what you mean. I didn't see him studying on his computer when he was doing all this stuff

Quoting JorJorsMom:

Wow.  That made me cry.  What a sick lunatic.  He doesn't recall assaulting the boy?  That therapist needs some intense therapy!  What a horrible story.  How can ppl be so sick to do things like that?  Very Disturbing.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
karene999
by Karen on Jan. 5, 2014 at 6:29 PM

I saw this before, and all I can say is if that had been my child, they would not have found enough of his body to arrest or charge.

JTMOM422
by Brenda on Jan. 5, 2014 at 8:20 PM

Wow talk about an idiotic therapist. To honestly believe that she was going to get away with pretending to work with your friends son is amazing. I mean she had to be crazy to not think that the mom couldn't show up at any minute.

Yes this is a horrible thing to happen to any child

Quoting SamMom912:

Wow... 

How horrid.

weve been lucky. All my sons providers were good with him. Patient, knowledgeable. They came to our house and I can see our family room from our kitchen,, so they had some privacy, but not that much. 

A GF of mine one time was downstairs in her house and the soeech therapist was on the couch in their loft area. She could hear the therapist talking... "Make an O with your mouth Jospeh.." "Stick your toungue out Joseph" and some other mouth exercises... Well, the therapist didnt know my friend had walked up the stairs, cause the therapist (6 months pregnant) was sitting on the couch in a room alone, and Joseph had wandered down the hall to a bedroom that was a playroom. The theapist was pretending to give a session... 

Friend called place immedicatly and requested new therapist... 

But thats the only idiot move I know of... :( 

JTMOM422
by Brenda on Jan. 5, 2014 at 8:21 PM

Exactly. I didn't see him near a computer at all. Guess he is looking for a defense strategy

Quoting mypbandj: And why would you be studying while you're supposed to be delivering therapy at a clients home?!?!

Quoting JTMOM422:

Quoting JorJorsMom:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)