Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

Horrifying treatment caught on camera

Posted by   + Show Post
Replies (51-54):
JTMOM422
by Brenda on Jan. 5, 2014 at 8:22 PM

Oh I definately would have had an assault charge that is for sure.

Quoting JorJorsMom:

That poor mother to have to watch that.  She was smart to do that to get evidence.  Better than me cause I would have gotten an assault charge.  :-(

Quoting JTMOM422:

I know what you mean. I didn't see him studying on his computer when he was doing all this stuff

Quoting JorJorsMom:

Wow.  That made me cry.  What a sick lunatic.  He doesn't recall assaulting the boy?  That therapist needs some intense therapy!  What a horrible story.  How can ppl be so sick to do things like that?  Very Disturbing.

by Bronze Member on Jan. 5, 2014 at 8:43 PM
Ours is through the Air Force (only some bases offer it) and they take care of all kids in the family 12 and under. I am not sure how it works once my dd turns 13. But we will be moving before then and we will most likely lose respite.

Quoting JTMOM422:

We were told respite was just for our son. I could not leave my dd home with him. They are not responsible for her. So I would have to get her a separate sitter or take her with me. So that was another reason I turned down respite

Quoting 03071012: My daughter is verbal, but she isn't able to tell me what happened when she gets hurt or if she isn't feeling well. She would not be able to tell me if there was abuse going on :(. I do get respite care for my kids, but my oldest is 10 and tells me everything and would tell me if something happened and I schedule respite at the same time as aba, so there is always more than one adult watching over my kids. We have the option of using our respite person over night and I would never be comfortable with that.

JTMOM422
by Brenda on Jan. 5, 2014 at 8:47 PM

Ours is through the Army. I would think that they should have been the same. I was told by EFMP that the respite was for my son only not to include my dd

Quoting 03071012: Ours is through the Air Force (only some bases offer it) and they take care of all kids in the family 12 and under. I am not sure how it works once my dd turns 13. But we will be moving before then and we will most likely lose respite.

Quoting JTMOM422:

We were told respite was just for our son. I could not leave my dd home with him. They are not responsible for her. So I would have to get her a separate sitter or take her with me. So that was another reason I turned down respite

Quoting 03071012: My daughter is verbal, but she isn't able to tell me what happened when she gets hurt or if she isn't feeling well. She would not be able to tell me if there was abuse going on :(. I do get respite care for my kids, but my oldest is 10 and tells me everything and would tell me if something happened and I schedule respite at the same time as aba, so there is always more than one adult watching over my kids. We have the option of using our respite person over night and I would never be comfortable with that.

by Bronze Member on Jan. 5, 2014 at 11:50 PM
Weird. Our respite company told us the Air Force rules. They apply to the Navy too. We get far less hours than the navy does. We only get 12 hours a month and the navy gets like 30 or something like that. But yeah, they watch all four of my kids, two are enrolled in EFMP and qualify for respite services. My oldest has an asd dx, but is not enrolled in EFMP and my youngest only has a speech delay and is not enrolled in EFMP.

Quoting 03071012: Ours is through the Air Force (only some bases offer it) and they take care of all kids in the family 12 and under. I am not sure how it works once my dd turns 13. But we will be moving before then and we will most likely lose respite.

Quoting JTMOM422:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN